Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watched Motor Trend TV this morning. They were testing the Z-06 Vette against the M3 BMW,and Porsche Boxster S. I would have to go for the EVEN BETTER 2002 Z-06....405 HP!! The '01 Vette ran incredible 12.6s at 113+ MPH! The '02 should do 0-60 in under 4 sec. UNREAL! I sorry Ford guy's but that would be my choice.......But back to the real world,the Bullitt is still my choice for the blue collar $27,000 price range!

·
Registered
144 Posts
I saw a brand new Z06 at the health club the other day. It looks rather impressive. You have nothing to be ashamed about lusting for one. :wink: Let's make a deal, first person to win a million dollars in the lottery buys the board 20 Z06's.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I know what the acceleration would feel like. My 351W,85 LX runs 12.0 in the summer heat,but 11.7s at 117 in good air. Just the handling and 6 spd tranny are missing! Compared to the Bullitt's solid feel,the 85 has that hang on for dear life feel to it,with it's squeaks and groan from the solid bushed Southside lower control arms,and Detroit Locker clunk.....But it all works!

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'd by my all time favortite '69 Mach 1 with 428 SCJ and drag pack in Indian Fire Red.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Originally the '01 Vette was the car I was going to get (not a Z06 tho'). I was going to trade in the Impala and get it.

But then, I heard the call. :smile:

I like the new vette, and its performance. I also like the body style, although the back end is a bit fat looking.. but then I heard that Ford and Team Mustang was going to make the Bullitt that I loved when I saw pics of the concept car, and I fell in love again. :smile:

Plus, since I kept the Imp I have a daily driver now and saved a nice bit of money. :smile:

Mike

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well, normally I am not much of a GM fan, as you can tell by my signature, but the Z06 is one car I would be willing to make an exception for. :wink: My other $50,000 dream car would be a Boss 429 or GT500, although I if I shopped around I might be able to find one for less.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Well price as NO object I would buy a brand new vette. Stripped down to the bare minimum in options and send it down to Lingenfelter and have him put together the 650 hp twin turbo that would EAT the Z06 ALIVE.
http://www.lingenfelter.com/packages/packages.htm

With that said I will now face 2 very simple realities.
1. Price definately IS an object. (at least that much of a price)
2. To do this someone is first going to have to pry my cold dead hands off the steering wheel of my Bullitt. I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
For a $50k I'd say I have to still stick with a Mustang and go with the Roush Stage 3. Faster and better handling than a Z06. For the "Sky's the limit" car, it'd have to be the Saleen S7 or this bad ass Hennessey Viper 800 here. 0-60 in 2.4 seconds.. WAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOO!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts