Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a letter from Ford, and they want to take my Bullitt for about a week to conduct an emissions study on it for Engineering purposes. They are offering $100 cash, a wash and interior detail, full tank of fuel upon return, and a Fusion to use at my disposal while the B is in their possession. They said it will be driven by a professional staff and any maintenance will be on their dime. I really don't want to part at all but it seems like a decent deal. They said very limited mileage would be put on it and since I drive it 65-70 miles a day, I would think it would almost be a break for it....Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I'd let them use mine. It's Ford doing testing. You know that if ANYTHING happens to your Bullitt, it would be taken care of. Shoot, they'd probably give you a new one!

Actually, it sounds like a very reasonable deal to me.

·
Registered
969 Posts
i'd pass. $100.00 cash??? a stranger(s) driving my bullitt? come on ford, pony up! i'm wondering why they don't get a bullitt from a dealer that hasn't sold it yet? if you don't mind a stranger driving your bullitt, then ask for more $$$, oil changes, new tires, get creative. the main question to me is... what is the real compensation you would accept to let a stranger(s) get behind the wheel of your car and do what they like for a week?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bullitt 736 said:
Tell 'em to take a hike. Unless of they give you a GT 500 for the week. :wink:
Ha yeah I agree, or the GT500 KR that I saw sitting in the showroom of Pat Milliken while getting my oil changed today. Sticker price: 81,xxx. OUCH.

Ya I'm going to sleep on it and think about it. I have a feeling it would be just in a garage most of the time on some test equipment. They stressed limited mileage but who knows.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Those are different types of emissions Al.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Have them stuff a factory blower on it before they return it.Seems fair to me.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
If you decide you don't want to do it, give 'em my email: [email protected]

I've got over 16,000 miles on my B since last March. If that's anything to them, that is.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I'd at least ask Ford for an upgrade from the Fusion. A rental car company would charge more for a V-6 Mustang than for the Fusion - and you know that Ford has a lot of cars available for use for a week. And how about free fill-ups during the week?

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'd do it. PROVIDED, They gave me copies of all test results, including dyno runs, and a FORD Certified Letter guarantying warrentry on all parts for an extended period over existing warranty. OH, and Pictures too.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Interesting offer. Based upon your Bullitt number it appears you got one of the last of the 08 production. Since your is a daily driver I assume it is building miles fairly quickly so I can understand why Ford may want to test yours to verify that the emissions control is holding up well.

Sounds like a resonable deal. As others suggested, I would bargin for an upgraded replacement car. After all you are loaning them a Bullitt, they should provide a simular vehicle as a replacement. Just my 2cents worth (worth about a penny these days).

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
NO WAY would I let those people touch my Bullitt. I payed a lot of money to have the privilege of being the only one to touch my car. :)

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I don't know, that's one to ponder on.

Generally, I would happy to assist them, I would have trouble actually handing over my keys. It's not that I would be concerned about them flogging the crap out of the car, but rather that I couldn't while they had it... hehe

I agree that the fusion is a bit chintzy on their part, the least they could do is come up with some thing a bit more on par with the Bullitt, even a regular mustang GT. And 100 bucks is definately a bit light IMO, 250 might do it for me.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts