Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering what everyone would have liked to see done different on the Bullitt? I would have liked the following:

1. More H.P.
2. IRS
3. Tighter gear shifting
4. Original '68 dual "Jet" hood scoops

·
Registered
219 Posts
I absolutely love this car and would change nothing. The horsepower is more than adequate (at least for the next 10 months until I'm once again eligible for traffic school!) and the head-turning factor speaks for itself when considering styling.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'd have liked 335 HP like the '68 390 but with a flat torque curve all the way to 6 grand, a hood with the dual jet scoops like the '68 or a fully functional hood scoop, an official plaque recognizing my ownership of my Bullitt, a trunk full of $100 bills.

·
Super Moderator
5,610 Posts
I would say a hood like the original from the movie to keep the car more sleek looking. Other than that I love it the way it is! :smile:
Cam

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
1.)280 to 300 HP would be plenty for me
2.)maybe more of a "fastback" look( with louvers)
3.) and i too would like to see a hood more like the 68 GT

but still, i'm pretty damn happy with what i've got!

2001 Bullitt DHG #648

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-07-12 14:12 ]</font>

·
Registered
85 Posts
Aluminum Gauges on the instrument panel, just like what the concept car had. That was my only real disappointment.

Maybe a few more aluminum accents would have been nice, and I wouldn't have minded a functional hood scoop (either the one we got or a dual design).

Never-the-less I LOVE my car...and it doesn't talk back to me or complain :smile:

·
Registered
762 Posts
CA_Bullitt that may become a reality. While I was at Brothers Performance I saw some prototypes and Tim Gilpin there is trying to find a manufacturer who will make them cost effective for production.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
The concept car to production.

2001 Mustang GT Bullitt dark highland green #1302
1999 Mustang GT black 4.6 5spd
19641/2 Mustang blue 289 auto

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DHG #1302 on 2001-07-12 10:42 ]</font>

·
Registered
586 Posts
Stiffer suspension. Tight and jarring, like a '90s Fox body LX or GT. I want to know exactly where my tires are on the road.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Functional hood scoops, or no hood scoops. Either way.

I'm happy with the power and suspension.

A few more touches to the interior: guages, ac knobs, headlight knob, maybe the brake lever. None of these are a big deal though.

I'd love to see a manufacturer put RCA pre-outs on the stereo, but that's not a bullitt issue =) Heck, they could run them and a power and ground wire to the trunk at the factory. (just daydreaming). Or maybe just have a nice built in sub.

Window louvers (sp?)

Unique rims. Why put bullitt wheels on the gt's? ARRGGGHHH

They should have used some cool valve caps, like the bullet shaped ones I got. That's really minor though.

Most of all, some documentation from ford. Posters, plaque, whatever. Maybe a nice leather jacket?

·
Registered
85 Posts
The reason the wheels ended up on the GT's is simple: They were not cost effective otherwise. I remember when the concept car was featured in motor trend (which sold me on the car) they were really concerned on how to make those 17" wheels and still turn a profit on the production run. But since the wheels are so cool lookin', they offered them on all the GT's.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I would like to have 373 gears,about 300 HP&340TQ and lower springs,about 3/4 inch.Other than that love the car.BLACK#860

·
Registered
10 Posts
functional ram air hood, and DOHC 4V cobra engine. I am happy with the power now though, but the cobra engine takes mods better.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The hood would add a nice touch and the louvers too. More horses for sure with the torque increase too. The color of the wheels could be a little darker. Heck its just about right the way it is. :grin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts