Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this in the 08/09 section so decided to post it over here also....I know we did this before....I got a divorce after 23 and half years so decided to get the 01 Bullitt....My sister and brother in law had one but sold it in Oct 2003...Had to add it to all the others cars I wanted but could never have........

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
I sold some stock a year and half ago that I paid 13 cents a share for and sold at 65 cents a share...made 15k so I bought my 2001 bullitt

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I asked my wife if she would want one, (this was after my dealer sold his last Thunderbird), called my dealer,(best friend) he said he had a black one coming. Told him we wanted it, he said it is yours.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
graduated college and wanted to upgrade from my 96GT that I did not want to put any money into since it needed both body work (rebuilder and work was not 100%) and the engine was smoking a little bit. If it had one good thing or the other I may have kept it.....

anyways, I then started looking into a newer GT, Cobra, Mach1, and Bullitt. I started setting my heart on a Bullitt do the coolness factor, uniqueness, and the understated good looks. I then was completely sold after checking on prices and how it fit perfectly into what I could afford.

6 months after starting the search, I finally settled on the one for me.... it's now been 3.8ys since purchase :cool:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
My daily driver is a 97GT that I still have. But we liked the clean and muscular stealth appearance of the new Bullitt, so decided to add one to our stable.
Called several dealers, most didn't know what I was talking about when I said I wanted to order a new Bullitt in Feb. 2001.
Finally one knowledgeable salesman at a dealership 60 miles from home kept calling and wanting us to order from him. So we did.
Two months later we picked up brand new #1004 right off the train. Mike saw it come in on the train. The dealer wasn't going to pick it up from the train yard for another week. Because Mike works for the railroad he worked out deal to pick it up ourselves and trailer it to the dealer.

J.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I sold this car to a person in Toronto to get #0005...........The car was a beast, 350 with AFR aluminum heads, TKO-600 trans, nitrous, just a beast.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I lost 6,000 on my trade in which was a 02 honda accord. Dont regret it a bit.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
blmarlow said:
I lost 6,000 on my trade in which was a 02 honda accord. Dont regret it a bit.
Pretty close to the same thing here. I bought a Zinc Yellow V-6 Mustang in June 2001, got tired of kicking myself in the butt for 4 months, traded it in on the Bullitt.

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
I ordered an 01 cobra and was waiting for it to arrive when ford said that they were going to build the bullitt, told the wife unit i was going to cancel the cobra and order a DHG bullitt. Have no regrets at all and havent looked back.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Found out about Bullitts accidently while browsing the Internet. Went to 7 dealers before one would sell me one. Reason: I didn't work for Ford and most if not all Bullitts in SE Michigan had already been purchased by Ford engineers before the public was made aware. :rolleyes:

The one I finally got (2679) was actually owned by the dealer and their plan was to display it for a year or so inside their rather large showroom. After a week of fruitless discussions, came back with $10K in hand, and made final pitch.

Result: Sold to Bill! :smile:

Note: Money talks. :wink:

·
Premium Member
8,101 Posts
I put my 01 Bullitt story in the 08/09 section....guess i should have waited for this thread:smile: .....only have one thing to add.....after owning a 01 cobra and a 01 Bullitt the only diff between the two cars is the engine an tranny...every time i get in the Bullitt.....i think.....cobra.....but like a lot of guys have said....i never looked back.......

·
Registered
591 Posts
I had a 2000 Toyota Tundra in 2001. I was paying 6% interest on the truck... not bad, but after 9-11 I wanted to get something 0%, and I had already put 32,000 miles on the truck. So I figured with 0% I could make a trade and really not lose money.

I ordered a new 2001 Tundra, different color and a with the full off road pacakge (the only option my 2000 didn't have). The idiots at the Toyota dealer found the truck I wanted at a dealer in Cali. They DROVE it from there to Houston for me. So when I got in my 'new' truck and saw just over 2,000 miles on the clock I told them they were NUTS!!! I refused the truck, the sales man begged me to make an offer since he was going to take a reaming for bringing the truck here and not making the sell. I told him I would pay 24K since as far as I was concerned it was used, the sticker was 34K. Of course they didn't take my offer, and the sales manager came out to speak with me and was very condesending. I told him he had just inspired me to buy a Ford, and left.

Later that night, I was talking to my girlfriend, mom, and some buddies and decided I really didin't need a truck and it was time to get back into the mustang game. I had owned 2 stangs previously: 1968 w/ 289 and 1989 5.0. So I started looking for an '01 Cobra, and they were all gone, no dealer in Texas had one, none in Lousiana, or Oklahoma either. So I ended up finding my Bullitt at a dealer in Houston, made a dang good deal on my trade-in, only lost about $1,200. And drove away with the last Bullitt on the lot. Only after test driving a different one, that unknown to me and my salesman had already been sold... I almost felt bad about beating on someone else's new baby... almost!

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Read about it, freaked out about it, finally found a dealer that knew about it, loved everything about it and ordered it, 3 months later after delays and other things that changed about it, drove it off the lot and have never was sorry about it...

Love that car.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
MaineBullitt said:
I sold this car to a person in Toronto to get #0005...........The car was a beast, 350 with AFR aluminum heads, TKO-600 trans, nitrous, just a beast.

WHAT A HOTROD love it

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
dg517 said:
I put my 01 Bullitt story in the 08/09 section....guess i should have waited for this thread:smile: .....only have one thing to add.....after owning a 01 cobra and a 01 Bullitt the only diff between the two cars is the engine an tranny...every time i get in the Bullitt.....i think.....cobra.....but like a lot of guys have said....i never looked back.......
rear end is extremely different as well :D ;)

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Traded the previous owner of 3439 my 1980 L82 Corvette that I had dumped over $17,000.00 into restoring her back to her original glory... well the motor wasn't exactly stock. hehehehe

·
Registered
159 Posts
I knew I was going to buy another Stang once my 97GT was paid off, so I saved up $2,500 for a down payment. I debated back and forth between a Mach 1, 01 Cobra, and 01 Bullitt. The Cobras were damn near impossible to find, and the few I did find had been beat or modded in ways I didn't care for. The Mach 1 was a bit steep for my budget. Then on my birthday, I saw a Bullitt at a dealership not ten miles from my house on autotrader.com. I talked to my Credit Union, got the loan in order, grabbed my checkbook, and caled the dealer for an appointment after setting price. I had every intention of buying her as long as she was in good condition and I liked the way Bullitts drove (hadn't test driven one yet). My wife and I drove up and introduced ourselves to the salesman. I told him to get the keys and that I would be back in ten minutes. If I had a smile on my face, he made the sale.

From the first second I floored the gas on #562, she was mine. That exhaust note, and tire spinning in 1st-3rd was the sound of love. Had her over 120 the first day.

K

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
I was talking with my wife about next year getting a new body style mustang 05 body style and was driving this beast around on the weekend
was driving home and saw my 01 bullitt sitting out by the road at blacks auto in Casselberry. stopped by to check it out( thats the problem with living about 1 mile away. they let me drive it home. went back and bought it. don't regret it a bit. I did give the 86 convert to my son. told my wife i wouldnt do any mods till it was paid off. well not many i should say. thats my story and im sticking to it.

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
I had always liked Mustangs and always admired my Dentist's Bullitt. He had a for sale sign in it when I went in for my 6 month checkup. We briefly talked about, but that was as far as it went, as the timing wasn't right....I still had a young male...our youngest son on our insurance. When I went in the next time, my youngest son had just graduated, bought his own car, and had his own insurance. I inquired about the B, and he said that he had given up trying to sell it. We talked over the next few months, agreed on a price, so I purchased it....and the rest is history!

1 - 20 of 106 Posts