Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this has probably been discussed before, but what is the official name of our cars? I have seen people say it just about every different way: Mustang Bullitt GT, Mustang GT Bullitt, and Bullitt Mustang GT to name a few. My window sticker reads: "2001 BULLITT GT COUPE" so I always call it a Mustang Bullitt GT.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I believe it's "Mustang GT Bullitt". It is a GT with the Bullitt package. I saw it that way on my paperwork. I'll have to go "digging" thru it.

·
Registered
835 Posts
The most likely official name would be "The Team Mustang 2001 Srring Feature Car Bullitt GT." Unofficially it would have to be a 2001 1/2 Mustang Bullitt GT. The 1/2 year convention indicating the changeover in trannies, etc.

·
Registered
721 Posts
You know what I think? Since these vehicles are now ours, I think we should find the right name and just propose it to Ford, or just stick with whatever we come up with as a collective. It's kinda like Ford gave birth to it, and we all leagally adopted them. Therefor, as the parents of our babies, we get to name it the way we want it. I know, I'm nuts!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-27 14:08, 1NastyFordGT wrote:
When people ask, I just tell them it's a Ford Bullitt and let them figure it out. :-B

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Same thing I do " what kinda car do you have"
I got a Bullitt
"a bullitt whats that.
A car. :lol:

·
Registered
694 Posts
I vote for the name "Bullitt" too.
When others ask what I drive, I always say it is a "Bullitt". If they have no clue what that is, then I will elaborate. But it is a Bullitt first.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Add me to the list that say Bullitt, or Mustang Bullitt :wink:

Take care.

Bud

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Not sure what the official name is but everyone I know calls it a "Bullitt" or for the ppl not in the know "Mustang Bullitt". I have never heard it called a Mustang GT Bullitt or Mustang Bullitt GT.

I have nothing against the GT as our cars are 95% stock GT but I think the GT part is assumed. Just like the Cobra is just a SVT'd GT, the Bullitt is a Ford'd GT.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: llama_boy on 2002-01-27 23:47 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
"Bullitt"

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
Looks like I'm alone in this, but for me, it's a Mustang first, then a Bullitt.
If I hadn't been looking for a Mustang, I wouldn't have been at the Ford dealer!
The whole Bullitt package was an absolute BONUS for me!!!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Yeah, I just call it a "Bullitt" and if they don't know what I'm talking about well then....they aint worth talking TO! heehee j/k But I really do just call it the Bullitt.

:nerd:

·
Registered
144 Posts
On the invoice for the car, it is referred to as a Mustang V8 Coupe - Bullitt. It doesn't make mention of it being a GT, at least on the invoice for #0093.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Any body ask's what I drive, I just say a Bullitt.

DHG 1554
100mm densecharger
79 T/A

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT-1554 on 2002-01-30 19:03 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok, it's what I figured. We each have our own opinion. Personally, in casual conversation among friends, I do simply refer to it as the Bullitt. As far as what I call her name-wise in relation to another post, I just say "Hey, Girl" with a big ol' Bullitt grin on my face every time I see her. I was just curious if there was an official "proper name" from Ford for our cars.

Greg

·
Registered
466 Posts
In most of the print articles I have seen, it was listed one of two ways:

1. Bullitt-Edition Mustang GT
2. Special-Edition Mustang Bullitt GT

I like the first one. However, around my house and in my circle of friends, it is simply known as "The Bullitt". Like it, or not, the car is a Mustang GT. In the words of Art Hyde: "This is the best performing GT we've ever produced."

1 - 20 of 20 Posts