Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased the small brushed aluminum AC panel (very thin) from Paper flames Racing in Brea CA. This panel goes on behind the AC knobs. To get the vent grill off do I look for snaps or is there something else to consider? I realize it is a petty question but I also realize the brain power throughout the BULLITTCLUB site. Can also reach me at kenpartch.com

Thanks, Ken

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kpartchracing on 2002-01-16 21:41 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hi Ken,
Get the vent grill off?
I find your question confusing. To take the AC knobs off all you need to do is pull. They slide right off.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dennis,

You are right.... the question was vague. The grill, which I refered to in my question is in fact, those 2 vents in the center of the dash unit. Another chap told me that I needed to take the shift knob off, grab the lower ring around the boot and pull firmly, but cautiously. Then to disconnect the various electrical conections. Then proceeding to unsnap (his words) the face from the body of the unit beginning with the bottom and working your way upwards. The end result was a ten mnute project which turned out perfect. I installed a brush finished panel plaque that is as thin as four sheets of Kinko's best. For $29 and the price to ship it 110 miles, it looks great. Added the knob after taking a scotch bright pad to them. Thank you for you willingness to help. Ken Partch - Santa Barbara

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kpartchracing on 2002-01-21 16:35 ]</font>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts