Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I swapped out my Dish Network for Direct TV. Dish doesn't want any of the equipment back, three receivers, dish and remotes. Is this stuff worth anything or should I just take it to a salvage yard?

·
Registered
453 Posts
The equipment can be reused by another Dish Network subscriber.

How old are the units, if any are DVR I might be interested.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No DVR. I think we had it installed about 5 years ago.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Agreed on ebay/craigslist. I believe satellite companies are not selling equipment anymore, rather they are requiring new subscribers to lease equipment. I'm sure there's a good market for pre-owned/owned equipment.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I'll check out Ebay. I would have done that first, but I really didn't think they would sell.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
My parents had Dish Network for a year but because of a poor installion, my parents got rid of it...The bozo didn't tighten down the dish or cables leading from the dish so any stiff wind would blow the dish and my parents had to call to get it reset...After the third time, my dad told them to take it back..His one year contract was up, so they sent him a UPS box and he sent it back...Now he's complaining about Time Warner cable and I told him about Verizon FIOS(we have them).....

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think I'll ever go back to Time-Warner. The only reason I changed from
Dish is that I have AT&T home phone, cell phone, and DSL. They have a bundled package that includes Dish Network. I called AT&T and asked if they could bundle me and they said I couldn't since I had Dish already! When I called Dish to cancel (after Direct TV was installed) they told me they can bundle even if I'm an existing customer and she didn't know why AT&T told me what they did. Personally, I think AT&T is getting too big again and I'm fixing to get rid of all their services.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts