Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2020 Bullitt was originally ordered by a Canadian Ford dealer. In December 2020 it ended up at an American dealer near Chicago. It was sold to me in NY State and shipped sight unseen as the availability of new Bullitts had evaporated. To my surprise on taking delivery it was apparent the speedometer was in KPH with a small circle indicating MPH. Searching Mustang forums indicated there was no changing the speedometer. A trip to a Ford dealer with their service person contacting dealer support confirmed the only way to rectify this was replacing the whole panel. DUH!!! Okay, I've now accepted this.

Some other differences I'd like to know relate to whether the Canadian version is missing what's standard on American. Mine has:
  1. No folding mirrors
  2. No power seats
  3. No radar cruise control
Maybe other features missing not discovered yet?

Thanks,
Marty

·
Administrator
6,463 Posts
Hi, Marty,

If you have Recaro seats, they won't be power. I believe those were standard in Canada cars. For US models, there was a standard seat that includes power and heating/cooling and the Recaros were optional. None of the North American Bullitts had speed-sensitive cruise control. I believe the grille design limited this or it was packaging choice. Actually I think it's the way it is on models going to all countries.

Regarding folding mirrors, do you have a photo on your car? There is a different mirror design to adhere to other country regulations, so the one for the US might be different. My S550 Bullitt trivia is failing me a bit here :)

Thanks!

Reactions: bullit4404

·
Registered
1 Posts
Some other differences I'd like to know relate to whether the Canadian version is missing what's standard on American. Mine has:
  1. No folding mirrors
  2. No power seats
  3. No radar cruise control
Maybe other features missing not discovered yet?

Thanks,
Marty
  1. No folding mirrors - Yes it does. They are manual folding. If yours don't, something is really wrong.
  2. No power seats - Recaro's are not powered. Standard seats (heated/vented) are 100% powered. Guessing you have Recaro's as Tony mentioned.
  3. No radar cruise control - As Tony said.
Canadian Bullitt's only had 2 options 1) Recaro's and 2) Car Cover
Everything else was standard. Bullitt Electronics Package (B&O Sound, BLIS, Memory Seats on non-Recaro, and Nav) and Magnedride are standard on Canadian builds.
You also have permanent DRL enabled and can't disable them in the menu's.

It is too bad with the electronic gauges that it couldn't just be a software swap to get the MPH on the analog setup and you have to rely on the digital readout which then shows both MPH/KPH.
Understandable if it was a standard physical gauge setup.

·
Registered
31 Posts
  1. No folding mirrors - Yes it does. They are manual folding. If yours don't, something is really wrong.
  2. No power seats - Recaro's are not powered. Standard seats (heated/vented) are 100% powered. Guessing you have Recaro's as Tony mentioned.
  3. No radar cruise control - As Tony said.
Canadian Bullitt's only had 2 options 1) Recaro's and 2) Car Cover
Everything else was standard. Bullitt Electronics Package (B&O Sound, BLIS, Memory Seats on non-Recaro, and Nav) and Magnedride are standard on Canadian builds.
You also have permanent DRL enabled and can't disable them in the menu's.

It is too bad with the electronic gauges that it couldn't just be a software swap to get the MPH on the analog setup and you have to rely on the digital readout which then shows both MPH/KPH.
Understandable if it was a standard physical gauge setup.
+1 on all.

I didn’t order the Recaros as I prefer the cooling function; did order car cover.

wrt the speedometer, its pretty silly that a software can’t be used to change KMh to MPh. While not exactly the same, my daughter had a 2004 Pontiac Bonneville GXP, and while the gauges looked analog, a toggle between M and E the speedometer needle just switched from eg. 100kmh to 62mph.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Confirmed was able to fold mirrors. Although not super convenient, good to know can be done.

·
Premium Member
2020 DHG, performance package
54 Posts
The first time you back into one when standing up after washing/waxing a door will make you happy you can, next time, fold them in to 'possibly' save the cursing, and backache, lol...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Mine was also a Canadian sold to me in Ohio. My speedometer is in MPH. It was like that when I got it and pretty sure you just change the display from one to the other in the menu!

. about 11.15 mark.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine was also a Canadian sold to me in Ohio. My speedometer is in MPH. It was like that when I got it and pretty sure you just change the display from one to the other in the menu! about 11.15 mark.
Yes, you'd think it was that easy. My guess is your car was originally ordered by a US dealer. Before purchasing my Bullitt a Carfax was ordered. It showed original delivery to one Canadian dealer, then to another and finally sold at auction to a US dealer. My guess is with Covid and cold Canadian winters the Canadians needed to off load the Bullitt. In any event as mentioned, the only thing that happens when you choose MPH is a small gauge appears within the digital speedometer display showing MPH. A trip to a Ford dealer and Ford coporate technical department confirmed this cannot be changed by a dealer computer only by replacing the instrument cluster. You got lucky. :)

·
K0369
12 Posts
Hi, Marty,

If you have Recaro seats, they won't be power. I believe those were standard in Canada cars. For US models, there was a standard seat that includes power and heating/cooling and the Recaros were optional. None of the North American Bullitts had speed-sensitive cruise control. I believe the grille design limited this or it was packaging choice. Actually I think it's the way it is on models going to all countries.

Regarding folding mirrors, do you have a photo on your car? There is a different mirror design to adhere to other country regulations, so the one for the US might be different. My S550 Bullitt trivia is failing me a bit here :)

Thanks!
I’m intrigued as to what the differences in grill design there are that affects the adaptive cruise control? My NZ Bullitt has this and it works perfectly on our roads.

Recaro’s are powered too but don’t have heating or cooling.

The electronic package is standard but with no Blind Spot Monitoring which is frustrating. You need that in NZ with the many incompetent drivers out there.

What is DRL?

No sequential indicator lights either which would be good to have. I’m hoping to find a kit for that but don’t want to loose the clear/whiteish lens covers.

As long as they all drive the same that’s really all that matters as I love this car! 😎

·
Premium Member
2020 DHG, performance package
54 Posts
WOW...who knew there were so many variables to a pretty standard package...depending on country of delivery. Wonder if there are R/H drive versions somewhere, like Japan, LOL.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I’m intrigued as to what the differences in grill design there are that affects the adaptive cruise control? My NZ Bullitt has this and it works perfectly on our roads.

What is DRL?

No sequential indicator lights either which would be good to have. I’m hoping to find a kit for that but don’t want to loose the clear/whiteish lens covers.

As long as they all drive the same that’s really all that matters as I love this car! 😎 View attachment 80099
DRL = Daytime Running Lamps, I.e. headlights are always on albeit at a lower power.

I have adaptive cruise on my Navigator and on my explorer and it’s nice to have. So I don’t know why the NA cars can’t have it when export cars do. The Bullitt was premium model so should have had it.

I think some aftermarket provider (diode dynamics ??? ) makes sequential tail lights. I’m going to look into that too. Liked the look when I first saw it on late 60s early 70s Cougars and T-birds.

·
Administrator
6,463 Posts
WOW...who knew there were so many variables to a pretty standard package...depending on country of delivery. Wonder if there are R/H drive versions somewhere, like Japan, LOL.
Yes, in the UK, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan as mentioned above.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts