Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when Ever i try and buckle my selfe, the seatbelt always comes out the top of that holder. It never stays in. Maybe it is because it is twisted, or my seat is to far back? Does this only happen to me. It just always sneaks out through the crack.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kfengler on 2002-10-08 09:41 ]</font>

·
Registered
81 Posts
Same thing happens to me all the time. I've got the seat back as far as it will go and the seatbelt always comes out. I wish the slot to thread the seatbelt through was located on the bottom of the loop instead of the top.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,031 Posts
Same here. I try to let go of the seat belt slowly every time I let it go and it seems to stay in place when I do that.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Y'all aren't alone on that one, it's one of my few gripes about the car, but it's pretty minor overall. Good thing it's not permanently in there, or else nobody could get into the back seat!!! But I agree the slot should have been on the bottom.

·
Registered
280 Posts
A few people at Blue Oval News detailed how they removed the "D" rings last year on their Mustangs. Raising the head rest high enough seems to expose the fastener that needs to be removed.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I just fasten mine with the door open that seems to work a little bettter if you don't go yanking on it. Did I say yank?:lol:

·
Registered
224 Posts
I've never used the holder. Are anyone else's seatbelts twisted from the factory?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
My seat belt is twisted too. Makes me crazy. The belt on my old '98 GT was the same way. Is it another case of quality control problems, or is it supposed to be that way?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Y2K16T8 on 2001-07-17 11:19 ]</font>

·
Registered
280 Posts
My passenger is twisted too.

err, I mean my passenger side seatbelt is twisted too. my bad.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
If you think these belt loops sucks you should have seen the ones in my 95 GT vert, they sucked much more, they where little wusy loops that couldn't hold the belt even if you weren't even in the car. At least the one on the passger side on the bullitt will stay on the belt, my side won't because I'm such large MAN the seat is all the way aft and the back is about 1/2 inch from the rear seat, so the beat has to go back and then forward to to go thur the loop.

67 Fastback

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jimmy Ray on 2001-07-18 15:30 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
I have not used my retainers from day one. They simply are a bad design and don't work. The good news is the belts work great with out them.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
mine keeps slippng out too!!
but i agree, my 97 GT was MUCH worse.
yes planning and quality!!!! ahh, gotta love JOB #1 dontcha?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I put it in and it comes out. What I did is flip the fasterner on the belt to the opposite side by folding the belt and sliding it up over the fold thus reversing the fastener. This seems to keep it in the holder. The belt is twisted but seems to work. Its a pain to have to reach all the way back when it is not in the holder.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yea mine is twisted also.Tried to fix it but I don`t have the tool.Guess I`ll let Ford fix it when I take it in for service.WixBullitt

1 - 20 of 27 Posts