Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some people were considering taking off the scoop and wanted to know what it looked like underneath so they could see how many mounting holes there are in the hood. I found this pic on E-Bay. Hope it helps somebody.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
And holes to mount the scoop<VBG>

Bud

·
Registered
509 Posts
There we have it.......a dirty water holder holder with holes! Cooooool.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Make it functional? Not me. I don't want that dirty water going into the engine. I like it the way it is thank you.

·
Premium Member
18,831 Posts
To get the scoop off I am guessing one
would have to remove the under hood liner.

The plastic fasteners for the liner can or
cannot be used again after being removed?

I am curious because I would like to remove
my scoop and put cleartastic between the
scoop and the hood to avoid the paint
damage that some Bullitt owners are having.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Yes, the insulation can be removed without damage, and the plastic tabs can be reused. Be careful removing them. Should you damage one, they can be purchased at any Ford parts dept.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt4995 on 2002-01-05 10:32 ]</font>

·
Registered
286 Posts
Those plastic fasteners that hold the liner under the hood are probably not re-usable.

I'd like to remove just the honeycomb section of the scoop, but I think there's a threaded stud right in the scoop opening.

Scott D.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Scott D

DO NOT remove the honeycomb because you will be creating a funnel that will trap air, and at highway speeds you could possibly damage your scoop or hood.

<font face="Times New Roman" size="5"><sup><font color="#0000">Black Beauty</font> #4995</sup></font>
-Born:--08/11/01 - Home:--08/28/01

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt4995 on 2002-01-05 10:38 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
18,831 Posts
Thanks ScottD! I guess we could get fasteners
from our Ford dealer for the hood liner.
I am worried about the paint big time!

·
Premium Member
18,831 Posts
COOL! What is the best way to take the fasteners out from the hood liner!
Thanx Black Sunshine #161!!!

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I posted a complete how to,on this mod,sometime back in June,maybe someone can dig it up. I was able to reuse the plastic fasteners. BEWARE though,you may need to add a center support post to the scoop, to stabilize it for the long term,as it will shake a bit from the airflow. I also opened up the hood to let fresh air in.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Does anyone know if the KarKraft guys ever made a functional ram air hood scoop kit that fits the Bullitt?
Last I knew those boo hoo cry babies had bagged the Bullitt kit because they were going to have to actually do some work to make it fit.
I would like a functional ram air scoop but I don't want to simply cut a hole in the hood.

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Hey Cat! As far as I know,they just quit on it. I guess it could still be done with some fiberglass and mold construction. Whether it is that efficient gathering air is still in question. I may get to it one day. However,I was looking at the base plate of the Classic Design Concepts Shaker scoop,and it is possible it could be used as a plenum to seal against the hood,this has their duct connection already there to go to the airbox.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Thanks for the thought. I have about a zillion projects on the list right now, but I plan to screw with the scoop this spring when the weather warms up and bowling is over.
Man, ain't life complicated.
I said screw WITH the scoop! Get your minds out of the gutter - I love my Bullitt, but let's not get carried away.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts