Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. I got, not too long ago, a call about a convertable Bullitt in NC but his phone was acting up and couldn't get me any pictures.

2. I was calling around for parts here in TX and had the parts guy at a local place told me his buddy had a Bullitt and he knew for a fact that it had GT brakes and not Cobra. I told him his friend was full of chit and was trying to clone a true Icon. :wink:

3. I was surfing craigslist a couple days ago and came across some parts so I open it up the read and the guy was getting rid of his factory gear because he had bought all these Bullitt spacific parts and had turned his GT into a Bullitt.

4. Last night I got a call from another Bud in NC that met a guy at autozone that told him he had a true Bullitt. So my buddy knowing a little about Bullitt's from Me asked him if it was Black, Green or Blue. The guy told him "No it's a Gray one." My buddy said he just shook his head and walked out. :badgrin:

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
Lots of folks throwing bags of money at their Mustang GT in the quest to make them a Bullitt. I believe they are actually spending more money than if they just found a nice used Bullitt and sold their standard GT. After all, a standard GT is just a standard GT. Putting Bullitt parts on it is just that, a GT with Bullitt parts. But a true numbered Bullitt is something else entirely different right from the factory. But what do I know??? :lol:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Its basically when people were doing the FOBRA's and FALEENS's

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
Hi Guys,
Real SN95 Bullitts area agreat buy. This is not good news for those who want to sell a Bullitt but great news for those who want to buy one. There is no better handling stock SN95 Mustang anywhere.

I took mine to Barber Motorsports Park for the 45th and was amazed how good the stock Bullitt is on a road course. I have a track day car that I use on road tracks closer to home so I have a good comparison.

For straight-line performance the differences are less obvious.

We know it is not possible to convert GT to a Bullitt. To even try would be outrageously expensive.

Buy a real one that has had great care as most Bullitts have. What a deal!

·
Registered
184 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
Lots of folks throwing bags of money at their Mustang GT in the quest to make them a Bullitt. I believe they are actually spending more money than if they just found a nice used Bullitt and sold their standard GT. After all, a standard GT is just a standard GT. Putting Bullitt parts on it is just that, a GT with Bullitt parts. But a true numbered Bullitt is something else entirely different right from the factory. But what do I know??? :lol:

What kills me is the cost of paint and work to make it look like one.. after you find one for sale you would be cheeper and have a better experience by buying one.

this is of course after I have had some dolt in a DHG gt with motor work try to play drag race'n on the belt way.. (where they love to shoot laser speed traps)...

Needless to say i am ticket free....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts