Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well guys, it's been about one year since I bought 4001. I still feel like a kid in a candy store every time I climb in her. No major problems with mine except a water leak that was fixed at the dealer. Oh and BTW I smoked a new California Special GT from a dead stop at a red light the other night. It was the perfect street race. We both caught a long red light right next to each other and we stared each other down to signal a race was on at the green. We both peeled out together. I left hard, rear end fishtailing. I gained about a length thru first and by the time I banged third he was reading the only telltale sign of the green ford that just smoked him...my trunklids Bullitt insignia!! I think it would be good for us to hear from each other how we're all doing after the first year. Any problems/complaints or success stories! P.S There's another Bullitthead at allfordmustangs.com (serious motorheads) that reported a 13.29 1/4 in a stock Bullitt (except for O/R X) I'm Wheelman4001 there...click on "Vote for my profile" and it will pull up about forty photo's from last years Bullitt Nationals at Myrtle Beach. Some of you are in the pictures. Happy Motoring!!
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2005-talk/156418-newbie-question-i-get-difference-2.html

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
I bought my 2029 Bullitt on 03/28/08 . One month later and about 300 miles later I got a new tranny, I had lost 3rd gear. I have had no other problems!
I have about 6500 miles on the black beast.
I love that car!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hey Guys,

Well today my Bullitt is 54 weeks old and I had the oil changed for the first time. I logged 3824 miles in that time... All systems are go!

Martin

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
haha this is a good thread for me. I took my Bullitt home on 1/19/08 and because of it 2 months later I met the love of my life :) Almost a year later and the only thing between us and spending the rest of our lives together is 700 miles and a job transfer. Oh yes this will always be a special car to me :) Thank you Ford, thank you IMBOC, thank you Tony Alonso for directing me here, and thank you Mike for not banning us during our little "courtship" :redface: :lol:

I've not had it back to the dealer for anything yet and I love driving it every bit as much as the day I took it home. I really can't say that about any other car I've owned :)

Best cash outlay I've ever made :lol:

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Martin said:
Hey Guys,

Well today my Bullitt is 54 weeks old and I had the oil changed for the first time. I logged 3824 miles in that time... All systems are go!

Martin
Hi Martin! I drive mine daily on an 80 mile roundtrip commute. Put just over 16K in less than a year. Loved every freakin' mile too!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Will be one year in several weeks. My dealer is not doing business now, the building is still up so not sure if they'll be back up in the future. But as of now they are gone.

Haven't had any problems or issues with my ride (knock on wood). I broke it in as per the advice given on this board.

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
On January 27th I said to myself, "Oh yeah, I have had the Bullitt a year now..." Interesting story, huh? :lol:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I happen to be celebrating my Bullitt's one-year take-home date today. I remember every second of that day. Had to work the deal over the phone and drove four hours to pick it up. Lo and behold, it turned out to be #0500, bought on 2/15, on the 50th anniversary of the Daytona 500. How's that for numerology?!! :toocool: Lovin' every minute of it.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
#1793 is one year old to me!

Built on 2/12/08, delivered the same day and picked up by me 2/14/08.

I drove it home on Valentines Day. It's the best Valentine present I've ever received. Plus it's an easy day to remember when others ask how long I've had it.

I love this car! Best I've had so far.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.