Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm presently getting 25.2 mpg while averaging 75 mph in my commutes. Current odometer reading is 7189 miles.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kfengler on 2002-01-16 12:13 ]</font>

·
Registered
372 Posts
23 mpg at 80? that is awesome. i am considering gears for my car but i'm affraid about the gas milage thing. do you regularly get 23 or was that i roadtrip? can you give me an idea of what kind of drop in mpg i could expect with the gears?

btw- i currently average a little over 20 with mine and have gotten a best of 24

·
Registered
117 Posts
13-14 if I'm lucky.

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-13 21:14, N8tr wrote:
23 mpg at 80? that is awesome. i am considering gears for my car but i'm affraid about the gas milage thing. do you regularly get 23 or was that i roadtrip? can you give me an idea of what kind of drop in mpg i could expect with the gears?

btw- i currently average a little over 20 with mine and have gotten a best of 24

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

That was on a trip from mexico to houston. As far as a drop or gain, thats my hwy miles. If I city drive it then I get @ 17mpg. If I race, well thats a whole oth ballpark. Each car acts different with gears. Some like them and others dont. I have only used 410's and gotten pretty lucky with them. I dont recomend these if you are a daily driver and dont plan on racing at the track. If I didnt race I think I would use 373. Just my .02

·
Registered
596 Posts
I'm getting 21 mpg with mostly city driving. Which is better than expected. I can tell a big differance when I'm having an aggressive week, because mpg will drop to 17. Stupid people make me go faster, so I can get away from them. Yeah that's it, sure it's their fault not the sound of the car that drives me to speed. :lol:

·
Registered
203 Posts
With 4500 miles on #5103 I get 18-19 in town, when I am heavy with the right foot 17 in town. I have not done a highway only check yet, but have gotten 23 combination, with more highway miles than city.

·
Registered
153 Posts
You guys are lucky. I get around 13 during the week with my commute. The one long trip I went on I got around 21 miles per gallon and that was around 70 mph. I don't really hot rod it all that much. I have noticed that I am starting to get better gas mileage as the car gets more miles on it.

·
Registered
596 Posts
justindal, If you normally get 13 mpg and you dont drive hard I think I would take it in to find out what's up. I was getting 18-19 mpg when mine was a month old and it has got better since. I dont beat mine but I do like to hit the go pedal every once and a while (leaving traffic lights, stop signs and getting on highways etc.). It just seems a little on the low side to me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bullitt4075 on 2002-01-15 20:01 ]</font>

·
Registered
821 Posts
Uh....mine is....NOT good. I only do in town driving...a mile or two to the store and a mile or two back, etc. I KNOW, I need to get it on the highway once in a while...so, my mileage is baaaaad!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yeah, I think I do need to take it in. Now the Service Engine Soon light is on. This is the second time it has come on. I know it's not the gas cap, because I always make sure it is tight. Maybe the gas cap itself is bad. However, my last tank of gas, I got about 18 mpg.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
If i can remember I belive if I was in the city I was not getting jack for MPG cuz i always got cought at the stop light and go like a bat out of hell when it turns green. Now on the hi-way I was getting any where from 23-28 driving 75-85

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I got 25.9 on the I-5 down here to L.A. from Vancouver. Now, in the city I get more like 18-19.

·
Registered
311 Posts
The "Service Engine Soon" light has nothing to do with the fuel cap. In fact, there's a "CHECK FUEL CAP" (or something like that) light which should pop on if you've got a problem with your fuel cap.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My 25.2 included a blast at 120 as the odometer rolled over the 7000 mark plus numerous 80-90 runs. 75 is about the overall average which included the surface streets and residential areas.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts