Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?? If you look behind the rim you can see the paint overspray. I'm assuming that maybe a body shop could match the color?!?

I'd like to get wider wheels for the back and still match the color if possible.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
08Bullitt0621 said:
Anyone?? If you look behind the rim you can see the paint overspray. I'm assuming that maybe a body shop could match the color?!?

I'd like to get wider wheels for the back and still match the color if possible.
Thanks asking this. I would like to do the same thing. Get a set of Deep Dish wheels (most likely gray color) and get them painted to match the stock wheel. I have not checked but I feel sure a good body shop will be able to match but if I have the actual color it would make life easier.

I want to keep the orginal stock wheels in their orginal shape. (Good backup so when I scratch my front wheels. Not if but when. :confused: )

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JackDW - 852 said:
Thanks asking this. I would like to do the same thing. Get a set of Deep Dish wheels (most likely gray color) and get them painted to match the stock wheel. I have not checked but I feel sure a good body shop will be able to match but if I have the actual color it would make life easier.

I want to keep the orginal stock wheels in their orginal shape. (Good backup so when I scratch my front wheels. Not if but when. :confused: )
Yup, that's exactly what I want to do...I'm curious who makes the wheels for ford?

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Check with the Body shop at a Ford dealer. They may have the code.
Dark Argent I think is the correct name but I've also seen Ford refer to it as I think, Charcoal grey metallic.

I think Ford uses 'Dark Argent' on other items like some Bumpers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RCSignals said:
Check with the Body shop at a Ford dealer. They may have the code.
Dark Argent I think is the correct name but I've also seen Ford refer to it as I think, Charcoal grey metallic.

I think Ford uses 'Dark Argent' on other items like some Bumpers.
Great idea! I'm about due for my first service so I'll inquire and post what I find out.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Anyone ever find out? I've got a project brewing and I need this Argent color!

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
08Bullitt0621 said:
I'm curious who makes the wheels for ford?
Probably Superior Industries. They're the #1 OEM wheel supplier for the USDM (Ford, GM, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda).

They've got wheel-foundries all over the US, with two of them in this area......

·
Registered
1,498 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
jymontoya said:
Good find!

Who's gonna be the giniea pig!?
Well, it looks as if I am :tongue:

I have both of the Eastwood Argent paints. The Silver Argent and Charcoal Gray/Dark Argent paint. The Silver Argent Paint is not even close. The Charcoal Gray/Dark Argent is close. Perhaps a shade or two off.

Here is a photo of Eastwood's Charcoal Gray/Dark Argent paint against our Dark Argent wheel:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
TRad5537 said:
I just finished the Terry Honaker full size spare install. I painted a factory accessory wheel to match the other four.
Here are the paint reference codes (Dupont):

Thanks for the information.

Can you give me that code. I can't enlarge your pic.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.