Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been covered and covered but, I'm looking for 2 17 X 9 anthracite Bullitt wheels. I currently am running 9's in the front and 10 1/2 on the rear but want to change over to 9's all around. Problem is, MRT seems to be the only outlet for the Wheel Replicas and they are out of stock. Anyone have any idea where I can buy two wheels?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,806 Posts
I bought my 17 x 9 Wheel Replicas from American Muscle. I was very happy with the service and price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bullitt4204 said:
I bought my 17 x 9 Wheel Replicas from American Muscle. I was very happy with the service and price.
Are the wheels out of American Muscle really Wheel Replicas? I ask because I'm concerned about color match between my current 9" WR's and the new ones being made.

Thanks to everyone for your replies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,271 Posts
Wheel Replicas used to offer the Bullitt wheels. After AFS filed suit to block anyone else from selling them, Wheel Replicas never went back and offered them for sale. AFS withdrew their suit, and everyone else sells them. American Muscle is one place. AFS is the other at www.afswheels.com.

The wheels are the same quality since they come from the same manufacture. I ordered my Chrome Bullitt wheels through MRT who in turn ordered them from Wheel Replicas. I chose this method because I wanted to deal with a local shop if something was wrong with the wheels. Any reputable wheel/tire dealer would do the same thing if you asked them to order wheels from a specific vendor.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,806 Posts
Y2K16T8 said:
Are the wheels out of American Muscle really Wheel Replicas? I ask because I'm concerned about color match between my current 9" WR's and the new ones being made.

Thanks to everyone for your replies.
I asked American Muscle to verify who the manufacturer was, and they told me Wheel Replicas. The wheels arrived in Wheel Replica boxes. You can also ask them to verify before ordering them and tell them that if they are not Wheel Replica wheels, that you don't want them. I have had only positive experience with American Muscle so far.

Rick
 

·
Charles
Joined
·
13,300 Posts
Bullitt4204 said:
I asked American Muscle to verify who the manufacturer was, and they told me Wheel Replicas. The wheels arrived in Wheel Replica boxes. You can also ask them to verify before ordering them and tell them that if they are not Wheel Replica wheels, that you don't want them. I have had only positive experience with American Muscle so far.

Rick
That's what I thought but was not sure. I bought my wheels from this company.

http://stores.ebay.com/O-E-Wheels_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

These people make a wheel that is very close to Wheel Replicas if not exact. You may could use them as a backup. I ordered direct and not through eBay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
UPDATE:

I bought two 9 X 17 wheels from American Muscle and they're very nice. Problem is, the color isn't a match for the two 9 X 17's I got from Wheel Replicas a few years ago. So I'll be buying two more wheels from American Muscle so I'll have a matched set. The question to you all is this. I'll be selling my existing set up: two 9 X 17 and two 10.5 X 17 Wheel Replicas with Goodyear Eagle F1-G3's already mounted. The tires have less than 5000 miles and are in excellent shape as are the wheels. Can anyone make a guesstimate as to what the set is worth? I need to maximize this sale because the new tires I'm looking at will be about a thousand dollars and I want to off set the cost with the sale of my existing wheels and tires. Thanks for any opinions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,806 Posts
why not put the two matching wheels on the same side! Nobody can see both sides at the same time!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bullitt4204 said:
why not put the two matching wheels on the same side! Nobody can see both sides at the same time!
LOL. Ya know I thought about that. But it would just make me crazy knowing they didn't match. I'm weird that way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Side question/Thread Highjack

Does anyone know if the 18X9's will fit over Stoptech calipers? I can't find any to measure :(

Thanks all, now returning to previously scheduled thread.

Tom
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top