Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little tid bit I picked up last Saturday while out with the local MCA guys at Otto's BBQ here in Houston.

Wheel Replicas may very likely be producing the Bullitt replica wheels just like the ones they were making originally in the near future. Apparently American Racing had a problem with WR's wheels looking to similar to the original design and issued a cease and desist order on production.

The guy I was talking to works at WR and seemed confident that the suit would be lost or dropped by American Racing sometime this year.

If you've looked on their site, they make the Bullitt style wheels with the rivets now... so hopefully the rivets will go away and we'll be back to a more stock looking wheel.

Thought some of you might like to know this.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
stang4.6 said:
A little tid bit I picked up last Saturday while out with the local MCA guys at Otto's BBQ here in Houston.

Wheel Replicas may very likely be producing the Bullitt replica wheels just like the ones they were making originally in the near future. Apparently American Racing had a problem with WR's wheels looking to similar to the original design and issued a cease and desist order on production.

The guy I was talking to works at WR and seemed confident that the suit would be lost or dropped by American Racing sometime this year.

If you've looked on their site, they make the Bullitt style wheels with the rivets now... so hopefully the rivets will go away and we'll be back to a more stock looking wheel.

Thought some of you might like to know this.
Good information to have on hand ... Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problem... thought somebody might care. I remember seeing several people on here that were concerned that they couldn't find them a few months back.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Glad I bought my WR's when I did (about a year ago, when I heard there were going to be problems getting them). Love them! I don't care for the ones with rivets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts