Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Done a lot of searching on this site and it seems that the consensus is 30 mm spacers on the rear wheels fills out the wheel wells nicely. I plan to order the H&R's from Maximum soon.

Here's my (dumb) question: I often get my car washed at a local automatic brushless car wash that uses a wheel track system to move cars through the machine (like all automatic car washers). If you put on spacers that offset the rear wheels as compared to the front wheels, is it still possible to send the car through such an automatic track system? I see BMW's, Porsche's, M-B's and even a few Ferarri's go through this place all the time, and I think at least some of those cars have offset wheels. Any thoughts?

And please, no flames for the auto car wash bit. For $15 and 20 minutes, the place does an excellent job inside and out.

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
well, from a logical point of view, im pretty sure there are cars that are wider than our bullitts that go thru those things... im thinking it wont harm it..

i dont worry about it tho... i hand wash... my car wash place always left water in the hood scoop and finally got p*ssed off at em and do it myself now... it takes a LOT longer, but i know the pain in the ass "spots"...

:smile:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. My concern was not so much the overall width of the car -- after all, Suburbans and Excursions go through this car wash (and as for Crown Vics, the entire local police department gets the cruisers washed at this place).

Rather, my concern is the different tracks the front and rear wheels follow when the rear wheels are moved out by spacers relative to the front wheels. Seems like it might cause a problem when the car is driven into the wheel guide track that pulls the cars through the car wash. The guide itself (like most) is running belt with rollers on it that engage -- I think -- the front wheels and pull the car through the wash.

Maybe I'm thinking too much about this. Has anyone with rear wheel spacers run their car through an automatic car wash?

Thanks,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.