Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish they made wheel replica's of our 08-09 Bullitt wheels in 18x10/18x9. They did it for the 01 wheels, why not ours? I personally don't like the 18x10/18x9 deep dish Bullitts available for the S197. Maybe someone with a connection can get in their ears. Thoughts?

·
Registered
901 Posts
I have a set that are real close I just bought (back-ordered) Fronts 9"x18" $122.00 ea & rear 10"x18" $138.00 ea. Look sweet & keeps the bullitt look. Going with front 255-45-18" Back 285-40-18" almost exact tire Dia.

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Great looking wheels there.Make sure you post pics when they are mounted.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Blindmelon said:
I have a set that are real close I just bought (back-ordered) Fronts 9"x18" $122.00 ea & rear 10"x18" $138.00 ea. Look sweet & keeps the bullitt look. Going with front 255-45-18" Back 285-40-18" almost exact tire Dia.
Will the factory center caps fit? Where did you get them from? What size/brand tires are you gonna put on them? Can you take a picture with the originals next to them so as to compare color?

·
Registered
901 Posts
The factory center caps will fit.Tires I will use are Toyo R1's great tread pattern
also has a safety lip to protect rim's from curb rash (for people who let their wife/girl friend) drive your Bullitt. Wheels are from Cruizin Concepts wholesale web site free shipping. The kit for sensors (4) straps (4) & hand-held TMPS programmer runs $149.00 (new).
http://www.americanmuscle.com/tpms-fullkit.html

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I would love Ford to produce a 20/10 Bullitt wheel so I could get a little stagger in the back:exclaim: :exclaim: :exclaim:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Yea. But those are deep dish, something he said he didn't want.

And I'm with you there! It may look cool, but it typically means that you've got to run a staggered tire fitment which can suck for a daily driver. It also makes the car understeer more without other modifications.

I went through this same ordeal. I wanted 18x10 non deep dish Bullitt's so I could run them front & rear. That way I could fit 285's front and rear as well. But they don't exist to any sense I could find....

If someone made them, they'd make a killing. Perhaps consider going up or down in size? Or even getting a set of stockers widened and running spacers?

·
Registered
901 Posts
They also sell a 10"x20" 9"x20" not much more. You can run 9"x18" with 275 or 285's ok front & rear not a deep dish. Pickey Pickey cool is staggered or the Shelby GT500 wouldn't have done it with 255-45-18" front & 285-40-18" back.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Are these the same rims that were on sale on EBay a while back? I saw a thread on here that had an Ebay link to Bullitt style rims in this size but I'm not sure if it was the same manufacturer.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Just a thought but I have heard of a guy in Jacksonville Fla who customizes wheels. He took a friend of mines oem camaro wheels and widened them.the only problem is when you take a wheel like ours and widen them without putting a deep dish on em is they bring all the depth into the fender well of the car.to remedy this problem on my friends camaro he ran hub spacers on his car.they work great and he had the rear wheels made 11 inches wide. My buddy saw my car the other day and the first thing he said to me was we gotta get those wheels widened..Just dont know if I want anyone cutting my wheels in half to do it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
These are replica's of the 99-04 Bullitt wheel's. I had these on my 03 GT. The S197 centercaps won't fit in these wheels. The clips aren't long enough. I've seen where someone sanded down the top of a 99-04 centercap, then broke off the clips and sanded down the back of an 05+ centercap. Then glued the two together. You'll have the look of an 05+ on an 99-04 wheel. If that makes any sense.

duaneproctor said:
Will the factory center caps fit? Where did you get them from? What size/brand tires are you gonna put on them? Can you take a picture with the originals next to them so as to compare color?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The wheels for the 05+ still use the older style centercaps.

Bullitt 736 said:
^^^^^ Those wheels are a replicas of the 1999-2004 but made specifically for the 2005+ (offset, etc..). I believe they changed the hole for the center cap but I could be wrong.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts