Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Folk. I'm ISO wheels and tires for the track next year. 4776 will see solo and track time. Can you suggest good wheel & tire combos? I'm thinking of getting a used set of GT wheels, but I'm clueless on tire choices. Thanks

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
You could shell out the bucks for some 18lb wheels, but the cheap and quick way is to find some old 17" GT wheels. Some curb rash, scratches- no biggie. You'll bang them up when hauling or installing.

Tires- if you're cheap and a few seconds per lap isn't gonna kill you, then the Yoko A032R is good. They make a good track tire- take plenty of abuse.

Some guys seem to like the Kumho Victoracer pretty well. I've not driven them.

If money is no object-- Hoosiers.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I got a set of '99 cobra wheels from my buddy for free. You can order various wheels from the wheel houses. If you are serious though, ask for weights of the wheels. The lighter, the better.

I like the Khumos, they are cheap and handel well. Hoosiers are stickier but will wear very quickly. Yokohama032's seem to work well. BFG G force is the other competition tire of choice.

Brian

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I bought the Roush wheels for $35 each. They weigh about 26lbs! I've found someone to swap out some 17" GT wheels. It's tough to beat OEM wheels for strength and weight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts