Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
met up with "ezekial"/Derick at englishtown nj this morning they had a road rally type of track open for experienced drivers Derick as i understand had taken a driving class at the same track this past summer so he arrived with helmet and ready to roll track was a little wet from rain yesterdy but actually a beautful day here for this time of year warm and windy which help out with drying the track stockers went off first some mad looking cars those and then street type which was dericks catagory well im here to tell you he has made us all proud his 01 bullitt ran like a champ and i just wish my nikon had a sound effects setting on it because his set up sounds very aggresive definatly has some attitude in that machine hopefully will hook up again in the future and perhaps some other b-heads in the area can join us pics to follow later when my daughter comes home and can show me how to post them

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pictures of Derrick Racing

pictures of derrick racing 12-28-08 englishtown nj</p>

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Very cool, thanks for posting up- it's not even Jan 1st and I can hardly wait for spring all ready ;)

=-=-=-=-=-=-

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Damn.....Looks like an awesome time. Please keep me posted if and when you guys plan on attending again.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Thanks for the pics!

Had a great time :)
First run was very wet, second run was just dry enough to have some fun! Brakes started fading, gotta get back to a better set of pads (on stockers again), and had the wrong PSI in the rear tires. All in all though, a great day!

Nice to meet you Rick

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Derrick, The pleasure was all mine great to meet you and alot of fun to watch you race, using the car for what it was designed for hope to hook up again in the future.
Regards, Rick

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
first ford said:
Derrick, The pleasure was all mine great to meet you and alot of fun to watch you race, using the car for what it was designed for hope to hook up again in the future.
Regards, Rick
great!

BTW: Rotors are not warped. I am guessing the pads were hot enough they were creating the pulsing...

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
good news there pads are sure cheaper and easier than rotors pics should be in your mailbox.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Rick was kind enough to send me the originals. I cropped them and resized. No actual color editing or other thigns like that.

Thanks again Rick

Track was FILTHY. This picture does not even show really how disgusting the car is now. It was dirty to begin with, but now, damn.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Man......I'm completely psyched to do this now. What exactly do I need to do first?

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
twin051302 said:
Man......I'm completely psyched to do this now. What exactly do I need to do first?
Take the starter course from Chris Winters.

Basically pre-register for a track day over at racewaypark.com. This involves filling out the PDF form with your information, and faxing that to them. Chris goes over flags, a few general tips out on the course (apexing, gear changing, braking, etc), car prep, tire pressure, etc. Good stuff if your new, like me. The cost is $250 for hte day, including track time.

After that it's just $125 for the day. 2009 dates are not up yet, but I imagine they'll start back up late spring. This was a last minute event for people that have taken the course, as a Christmas present since the temp warmed up!

As for your car.. nothing much is needed. Just go over it, make sure you have good brakes!!! you will eat a set of pads too. Do a brake fluid flush if you haven't in a while, check fluids, etc. That's about it really. I wouldn't be too concerned other than that. Oh, and of course PSI in the tires. I found 35 front and 30 rear was perfect for 255/40/17 Nitto 555.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.