Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw one last night at a car show with manufacturer plates. The dude was supposedly a journalist and I started asking him about the car he was allowed to use. They were outta state plates Pennyslvania I think, which is a far drive to Houston. He had a lisp and said he heard there was a Mustang meet tonight. (Not really just a local hangout where all sorts of cars come.) He said he came because he wanted to see if an original bullitt would be out there. I asked like an 01 or the 68, and he said the 68 390 dark highland green fastback. I laughed. I have never ever seen one even remotely close to that driving anywhere in Houston.

Anyway long story short, I really hope he wasn't from a Mustang mag cause he didn't know ****. And I think his car was pre-production because the Bullitt strut tower had # 1PP11. And there was another tag inside the engine bay saying this car doesn't have to comply with clean air act legislations and had a mid 2007 date stamp on it.

I got my buddy to snap a pic with his camera phone.
\
What do you guys think?

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
I met and talked with him. He writes for the Houston Chronicle. Bullitts started production on Dec 3, 2007. Ford ships the PP cars around to journalists throughout the US to get them to write about the cars. I believe thre are 20 PP cars total. They will be auctioned off at the end of their media life. His had about 4000 miles. All the PP cars were equiped exactly the same and all were HG.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ah hah. That would explain it. The chronicle. Is that why I saw a ton of DHG 01s out there at Ottos last night? Did everyone know a PP would show up?

Also the journalist swore it wasn't PP.

·
Administrator
6,222 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
All the PP cars were equiped exactly the same and all were HG.
Some of the cars at AAI did not have the HIDs, so I think there might be some variations. To me that would make sense to test the manufacturing processes for the key option combinations.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Media Contact - Houston

The gentleman we met last night at Otto's was Jeff Yip whom identified himself as a journalist that writes for the Houston Chronicle. He gave me one of his business cards. His e-mail address is [email protected]

He mentioned to me that he wanted to speak to both 2001 and 2008 owner(s) to get their impression(s) of the two different vehicles. The 2008 BULLITT he was driving was PP11 (based on the number and ID plate on the strut cross-brace) and it was fully loaded, inlcuding the NAV/SIRIUS system. It appeared the NAV system might've been touch-screen operated. This car had Michigan tags and he told me it had been delivered to him.

He seemed to be enthused about his job (understandably ... LOL) and might even show up if we ever were inclined to invite him to our event(s). I gave him the IMBOC website name in case he wanted to contact any of us in the future.

YESSSSS ... this was a big surprise. I don't know if any of us expected him or else I'm sure he would've been inside hittin' the BBQ with everyone else. I don't think any of us even knew he was there until we were finished with the BBQ and went outside. It was quite a cool night and I don't think he would've waited outside to talk to any of us if he knew us and/or had been otherwise invited there by our group. There is a car meet there of one type or another every Friday and Saturday night and I'm sure this is well-known throughout town.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
I met and talked with him. He writes for the Houston Chronicle. Bullitts started production on Dec , 2007. Ford ships the PP cars around to journalists throughout the US to get them to write about the cars. I believe thre are 20 PP cars total. They will be auctioned off at the end of their media life. His had about 4000 miles. All the PP cars were equiped exactly the same and all were HG.
I thought that a couple were black. Something posted somewhere, maybe here about the black cars. And that they were not photographed at SF...

One of the "black" cars was at the LA car show? Although I think someone posted or was on another site that I visit and said it was a crappy black paint job sprayed over HG? Sorry Greg, just remembering little bits here. Do you remember better about this?

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
I asked in San Fran and they said none of the PP numbered cars were black.There was one shown at a car show but it was not a numbered car much like the one in Detroit. The one in Detroit was black they resprayed the exterior HG.

·
Registered
139 Posts
My BULLITT (#239) was made in December as of the door sill panel and the fact that I first laid eyes on her, on Dec. 29th and drove her home on the 31st.

So they must have been late Nov or Early December.

Any other ideas?

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Production started on Dec 3rd. and from what the Ford folks in San Francisco said they were expecting different options on the cars but instead they were all loaded. My guess is in preparation for giving them to auto writers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts