Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wondering this since production. There are only 57 registered here and they are slowly coming in. Nothing like the 08's did. :-?

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
If it will help the cause I will try and buy another one.

·
Registered
969 Posts
slow ride

hey vicki,

we were talking about the 09's the other day on another thread. i think one of the reasons that they are not showing up too quickly is because they are slower than the 08's. something about being slowed down because of the wart on the trunk. i heard their 0-60 time was like 5.9 seconds. i dunno... what are you gonna do? i guess we'll just have to wait for them to arrive at the party. perhaps this is what they mean by being "fashionably late." :wink:

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some of "us" might be able to get some deals on oneof them on down the road, ya think?

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
TwoStangWmn said:
I have been wondering this since production. There are only 57 registered here and they are slowly coming in. Nothing like the 08's did. :-?
There is a 09 HG and 09 Black sitting on a lot near me with rusty rotors- #'s 6373 and 6501.

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
It's sad what is happening to the last of the Bullitts! No one has money ,just fear for the future . I could afford a $32,000 plus a 3k adm more last year , then a 25k Bullitt today!

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Blackpony, I am in the same boat. Last year had good income and could easily affort the 08. (Paid just over invoice with no ADM in March). This year, well my unemployment checks start next week.

(PS, Had a phone interview last week, keeping my fingers crossed that I get the position.)

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
JackDW - 852 said:
Blackpony, I am in the same boat. Last year had good income and could easily afford the 08. (Paid just over invoice with no ADM in March). This year, well my unemployment checks start next week.

(PS, Had a phone interview last week, keeping my fingers crossed that I get the position.)
I'm sorry to hear that! It is a different world we live in!
Somehow I went to living life Grand to survival mode. It cost $17 a month to have my Bullitt on the jack stands. I might keep it their tell next year.
I am very happy that I bought it last year, because this year it would impossible .

·
Registered
150 Posts
I found my '09 about 50 miles from home. No local Ford dealers had any. The scary part was that almost half the dealers I tried to contact were out of business. The dealer I bought mine from had 2 DHG's and a black one back in January. He still has 1 DHG and 1 black one right now. He also had more than a few '08 & '09 GT's. The car dealerships around here were ghost towns when I went looking.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
That is all too sad a tale to tell. :frown:

Maybe things will get going next year, and the surviving dealerships can make a run of it again.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
maybe car dealers should double their ADMs

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
JackDW - 852 said:
Blackpony, I am in the same boat. Last year had good income and could easily affort the 08. (Paid just over invoice with no ADM in March). This year, well my unemployment checks start next week.

sending you positive vibes :smile: ))))))))))))))))))))))

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
For those of us of the "High and Dry" mentality, it is sad to think of all those beautiful new Bullitts just sitting (or test driving) in all that winter weather, snow, ice, rain, wind, blowing dust, bird poop, etc. knowing that rotors, axle housings and aluminum are beginning to corrode and rust.

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
That 5K-above-sticker certainly seems like a thing of the distant past now doesn't it?

There is a KR at my local dealership with an ADM. Been there for a couple of months now.

There is also a NEW 2007 Shelby GT still sitting there. At one time it had an ADM. The dealership recently had to replace all of the stripes because two years of weather discolored them.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
^^^^^ :lol: :lol:

There's an '09 Bullitt???? :D

Seriously Vicki, I do wonder how many '09's are still sitting on the lots. A good portion of the '08's sold before the economy really tanked. The '09's were released, gas skyrocketed, then financial meltdown.

Sounds logical.
We early 08er's gave Ford their last profitable quarter for the foreseeable future.

I know the mortgage/banking/wall street thing was riddled with problems, but everything was holding together. I think the root cause of the crunch was oil going from $30 to $147. It broke the camel's back although the auto industry is getting creamed.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
PhotoRick said:
~~~ rotors, axle housings and aluminum are beginning to corrode and rust.
Those parts were already rusted prior to the assembly line

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
Fishtale said:
I found my '09 about 50 miles from home. No local Ford dealers had any. The scary part was that almost half the dealers I tried to contact were out of business. The dealer I bought mine from had 2 DHG's and a black one back in January. He still has 1 DHG and 1 black one right now. He also had more than a few '08 & '09 GT's. The car dealerships around here were ghost towns when I went looking.
Hi Ritchie,

I was born and raised in Brooklyn; I moved down to GA about 9 years ago. I think new cars are tough to sell in NY even when times are good because of the cost of insurance and the fact that you need a garage (which many people don't have) to keep your car from getting ruined. Most people buy used or keep a car for a lot longer in NY. Down here everyone buys a new car every 2-3 years on average- you don't see old cars on the road much.

Ken

1 - 20 of 33 Posts