Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think happened to the rest of the bullitts? The ones that are not registered.

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,027 Posts
A lot of people don't know they have a "special" Mustang and don't care about registries for special cars. Some people don't have the Internet. Some of the Bullitts were destroyed in the Houston flood in 2001. Not sure how many, but several.

I have seen 4 Bullitts in my town and left notes/IMBOC cards and even called one of the guys to let them know about IMBOC and to please register. Never heard from them... :doubt: They just don't care..... The one guy (73 years old) I had gotten his number from someone that knew of a Bullitt. I called the old guy. He doesn't have a computer so I asked him what his # was. He said "what number?" I told him where it was and he went out to his B the next day and called back and said it didn't have a sticker. He gave some other number on the shock tower somewhere. He didn't want to check under the seat and didn't care if it had a number or not. He had only put 110 miles on his B and thinks it is a gold mine.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
^ thats what I get alot ^

I've given many BULLITT owners the "Business cards" that you get when you sign up to welcome other bullitt owners, and havnt seen any really show up. When you really look at, car Lovers are not as big a crowd as we think. most people like their cars but few actually love them enough to care about them more than the norm.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Others could be like mine, #2445. i bought it in april from a friend's ford dealer that had taken it in on a trade for a gt500 and he gave me first dibs. the previous owner had it maintaned there (so i have all service records) and was a "sometimes driver" as he had 7 other mustangs to play with. He was an older guy (no disrespect) but really had no desire to register the car.

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
And then there are those that are so wrapped up in themselves, the car doesn't stand a chance of being anything more than a fashion statement:frown: at best and transportation at the worst.:cry:

Then there are others that think it's an old man thing...

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the replys, the third owner of mine sounds like one of them people that didnt think anything of it, but they took pretty good care of it. Its cool you guys have mustang IIs I like them.

·
Registered
771 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
And then there are those that are so wrapped up in themselves, the car doesn't stand a chance of being anything more than a fashion statement:frown: at best and transportation at the worst.:cry:

Then there are others that think it's an old man thing...
That's all 3687 was before I got it.

I've touched bases with a couple of Bullitts in my area (no True Blue but mine to date) and have yet to see any registers here.

Charleston is a big Navy, Air Force, and Army place. Some are here momentarily, some a couple months, some a couple years... Mine, a lifetime!

·
Premium Member
6,272 Posts
I have met Bullitt owners at events like the Daytona motorcycle races at the speedway (and other big events). They don't seem to think that cars are special. They bought the cars used and drive them daily. NOT Bullittheads.

Six years old now, in a couple more years many will be approaching and passing 100 K miles and the end of their useful lives. Then ... gone ... junked ... crushed.

·
Charles
13,299 Posts
PhotoRick said:
Six years old now, in a couple more years many will be approaching and passing 100 K miles and the end of their useful lives. Then ... gone ... junked ... crushed.
My car passed 100k sometime early last year. Still going strong. When I pass 100k is my wife oing to have me crushed? Of course she may say I'm not useful now. :lol:

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I found a True Blue up in Germany at a military base for sale in one of our Military papers. I will have to call the guy and see if he is registered on here or not. At least we can account for the Serial # even if he is selling it.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
It would be interesting to see how many are still on the road. I wish there was a way to find that out.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
I know my car's first owner was not a "Mustang guy" It took a while to get it into good condition. As far as totaled Bullitts our sampling of 2436 registered is pretty good. 43% of the total produced. We currently have 36 that are listed as totaled. So around 100 -130 lost would probably be close. But as the cars decrease in book value the number of totaled cars will increase.

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
droopysbullitt said:
I know my car's first owner was not a "Mustang guy" It took a while to get it into good condition. As far as totaled Bullitts our sampling of 2436 registered is pretty good. 43% of the total produced. We currently have 36 that are listed as totaled. So around 100 -130 lost would probably be close. But as the cars decrease in book value the number of totaled cars will increase.
I think we had a thread about this a year or two ago...

IMHO: The key thing is book value, and who is driving them now. Seems like when they were new everyone took good care of their car. Now kids are getting them and the miles driven hard go up, and the care factor about longeviety goes down.:shock:

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
DavidMidgley said:
I think we had a thread about this a year or two ago...

IMHO: The key thing is book value, and who is driving them now. Seems like when they were new everyone took good care of their car. Now kids are getting them and the miles driven hard go up, and the care factor about longeviety goes down.:shock:
True, true. Kinda sux but if we keep selling them cheap then kids will continue to buy them and beat them to hell.

·
Premium Member
18,431 Posts
This is true of all Mustangs I think. The local Credit Union had a V-8 40th Anny convertible. Probably one of the more rare Mustang SEs. It sat on their lot for six months. I wanted to buy it, but well the house payment, the remodeling payments, and the Bullitt payment kept me from even getting close to serious about buying it. So what do I see? Some teenage girl driving it and she's all over the curb, on the grass... crash bang! down the road....Arrgghhh! Credit Union got tired of waiting for someone that wanted something truly special! In case you don't know the 40th Anny was built to lower numbers than our Bullitts, and has allot of the same features, but not the springs, brakes or numbering.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts