Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang, to make a long story short, I had money down on a blue bullitt and the dealer basically sold it from under me. Its a long story why this happened, but it did. Anyway, I am trying to locate another blue bullitt and I am having a really hard time. I can get a black one with no problem, but the blue ones are hard to come by. So, if any of you guys know where there is a new blue bullitt at a dealership and within 300 miles of west virginia, please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
255 Posts
do what i did and go to http://www.fordvehicles.com/dealerships/blueoval/ and enter your zip code and state or states closeby to do a search. Then take the dealers that you get on that list and search for all 2001 mustang gt coupes in their inventory. You have to look closely because most of the sites will just say 2001 mustang gt coupe, look at the price and if it is listed as 27380 or 26830 then it is a bullitt. These are just sticker prices and in todays economy you can probly get it cheaper and with a better finance rate than i did in august...24.5k at 5.9 for 5 years. I found bunches of bullitts that way up here in the D.C. area but at the time they didnt want to budge on the price so i drove down to N.C. to buy #4456. I used that search tool to find bullitts in a 3 state area and it just happens to be that the one i bought was forwarded to me by a fellow member of bullittclub that got a little bit better deal at a different dealer so i drove down and took it for myself :wink: Let me know if i can be of further help, i feel very confident that you can still find a bullitt out there, and hopefully a blue one like you wanted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been using something very similar to that called dealerconnection.com. Its more or less the same site. Still no luck with blue bullitts. I found one black one close to home for 25,870 and a green one in Ohio for 26,733. Thanks for the suggestion and I'll keep looking for a blue one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Fordert, I checked their inventory and it was not listed but thanks for calling anyway. I have 5 dealers who all said they could get me a blue one, but no one has called me back. Its looking grim, but I'll give it a few more days. I know of two available black ones so I can hopefully fall back on one of them if no blue ones appear. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Unfortunately they made so few of the blue ones that it might be rather difficult to find one after all. I have done some searching here on local dealer inventory and have only found green and black myself. Maybe i will sell you mine since ford cant seem to fix these little nagging ticks and grinds that it has, then again maybe not :wink:

·
Registered
466 Posts
Wade Ford in Smyrna, GA (Atlanta) has a Blue one listed on their web site. This is where I bought my DHG back in July. Good Dealer. Handled the whole transaction via e-mail. Never even had to talk to anyone on the phone. Ask for Chris Greeson and tell him Charley Saunders from Alabama referred you if you contact him.

Just type in Wade Ford in your browser.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Try Battlefield Ford in Manassas Virginia at 703-368-3184 or Koons Ford in Sterling Virginia at 703-430-7700 and Good will hunting!!!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm gonna one up everyone. Go and find those dealers like escrotumus said, then take that list and go to www1.forddirect.com rather than searching around for the dealer's actual website. they have online inventory for all dealers at one place. all you have to do is go to Search Dealer Inventory, type in the zip of the dealer you want, and it will display the 5 nearest. select one, scroll down to the 2001 mustangs, and it will load the inventory of that dealer. then as you select the specifics (coupe, gt, 5spd, color) you will know whether they have it in stock. if it's not listed in the menu, they don't have it. if they don't, then just go to the top where it says Select Preferred Dealer and move onto the next one.

The other great part about that website is that it displays the estimated Xplan price (which should be around 25114). once you find one, call them and see if they'll do X-plan on the bullitt. if they do, go to www.eaa.org, sign up for a $40 membership, get a pin from the ford partner link, and you'll get your bullitt for around 100 less than invoice. if the dealer doesn't know how to calculate X-plan, it's just 4% more than A-plan which is listed on the invoice itself. you still get all factory rebates and finance rates with X-plan (except the $400 college grad). hope this helps. good luck.

·
Banned
975 Posts
There were two in St.Louis as of Yesterday. One at Sunset Ford, and One at Dave Sinclair Ford. Good Luck on finding your Blue Bullitt.
:bullitt:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Don't go by the Fordpartner search dealer inventory function. The 2 Bullitts you mention in St. Louis do not exist. They're not very up to date. There are a couple in St. Louis, but they won't take Xplan. One even wants list + $2000.

Please, are there any Bullitts (I don't care which color) anywhere in the midwest that will do Xplan? I've searched the dealer inventories on dozens and dozens of dealers from KC to Chicago and Indianapolis.

I can't even find any '01 5 speed GT coupes.
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I don't mean to repeat the same post; but give Wade Ford in Atlanta a try. Their internet sales guy (Chris Greeson) told me he sold a Bullitt to a guy in Hawaii. If the dealer wants to sell the car, they will work with you to get the car delivered.

Also, Jim Skinner Ford (Birmingham, AL) and Town & Country Ford (Bessemer, AL) both list Black Bullitts on their web sites as of yesterday.

Nothing in it for me. Just trying to help out fellow members.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the help guys. The dealer in Atlanta will only discount it about 600$. The previous blue one I had money on, I could have bought for 25,800, if they hadn't sold it from under me. I found a black one in charlotte and I'm gonna call about it in a few mins. I'm willing to drive about 8 hours so if any of you guys know where another blue or black Bullitt might be, please let me know. I live in west virginia. Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Try Jim Skinner Ford in Birmingham, AL. I know that 9mmBullitt, from this site, bought his there for under $25K. They do show a Black one still on their site but it is the only one they are showing. Birmingham is probably right on your 8 hour drive limit.

Unfortunately. I think now that Bullitts are getting scarce, dealers are going to be less likely to deal. There was a glut about a month ago and with 0% they went fast.

One thing people may be forgetting; there will not be ANY more made, period.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I dont mean to sound stupid, but what is this X plan? You are not talking about the 0% for 60 months are you?

·
Registered
466 Posts
My understanding is that X-Plan is a discount for Ford suppliers. 4% over employee price. GM has similar deal and it really depends on the model whether it is a good deal. And yes, you can get 0% financing for 5 years until 10/31. That's why so many of us wish we had waited a little longer; but then noone could have predicted the events of Sept. 11.

Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know you want a blue one, but just as an FYI, Ken Grody Ford in Buena Park, CA (Orange County) has 10 (count 'em 10!) Bullitts in stock, but of course no blue ones. They have 6 green and 4 black. However, the price on all of them is 24,380--a pretty awesome deal. I would've bought my car there, but I wanted blue as well. But just in case you'd consider green or black....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts