Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing some browsing today for some 18x9 and 18x10 anthracite bullitt wheels for 2425. It seems that a lot of websites have them on their site, but they don't actually carry them anymore. I was just wondering if anyone has purchased a set lately and if so where did you get them?

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
O.E. Wheel Distributors in Sarasota, FL. is where I bought mine (866-273-3651). I paid $590 shipped for 18x9/10 anthracite Bullitts. The price included the mustang center caps instead of the Cobra ones. They are great looking wheels. One of mine had a ding in the bead that does not appear to be shipping damage but a defect. They immediately had it picked up and returned at their expense. They received it Tuesday afternoon. I am awaiting a call back at the moment as they said they had to determine whether it was shipping damage or a defect before they would just send one out. I'm starting to get a little impatient but so far they have handled things well.

American also makes a very similar wheel but they are more expensive. They are great looking wheels though.

I will post back on the customer service handling of mine later.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info 736, I will have to give them a call when I get my car back from having some new "stuff" put on it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
18x9/10

Bullitt 736 said:
O.E. Wheel Distributors in Sarasota, FL. is where I bought mine (866-273-3651). I paid $590 shipped for 18x9/10 anthracite Bullitts. The price included the mustang center caps instead of the Cobra ones. They are great looking wheels. One of mine had a ding in the bead that does not appear to be shipping damage but a defect. They immediately had it picked up and returned at their expense. They received it Tuesday afternoon. I am awaiting a call back at the moment as they said they had to determine whether it was shipping damage or a defect before they would just send one out. I'm starting to get a little impatient but so far they have handled things well.

American also makes a very similar wheel but they are more expensive. They are great looking wheels though.

I will post back on the customer service handling of mine later.
Real nice wheels and good service.Only took me a week to get mine,and they came with cobra caps.Don't know if I like em or not,put the stock ones on for now.Can't understand why everyone else is out of the 18x10s.and I mean everyone.O.E.was the only place I could find them.I have heard that american racing has filed some sort of law suit though.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
I spoke to OE Wheels this afternoon. Supposedly the wheel shipped today. I sure hope so. It went UPS and should be here Thursday. FINALLY!!!!

Good luck - I swear, UPS must make it part of their policy to personally ensure that EVERY ONE of their packages gets dropped, smashed and/or utterly destroyed before they deliver it.

But, you know, I'm sure your rims will arrive unscathed...:doubt:

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
American Racing is sueing various wheel manufacturers for patent infringments. They were the designers of the wheels on our car for Ford. So I really don't blame them. If they are in stock you have a chance but most everyone is running out.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just put in an order with OE Wheels and they said I "might" have gotten the last pair of 18x10s they have. I really hope I get these, I have tried about everywhere else I could possibly find and no one has them.

I am a little leary about them saying that I "might" have gotten the last set. They said if they don't have them they will refund my $$$$

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
folky15 said:
Good luck - I swear, UPS must make it part of their policy to personally ensure that EVERY ONE of their packages gets dropped, smashed and/or utterly destroyed before they deliver it.

But, you know, I'm sure your rims will arrive unscathed...:doubt:
Can't blame this one on UPS. The box was undamaged but the ding was there.

·
Charles
13,300 Posts
BLACK_2425 said:
I just put in an order with OE Wheels and they said I "might" have gotten the last pair of 18x10s they have. I really hope I get these, I have tried about everywhere else I could possibly find and no one has them.

I am a little leary about them saying that I "might" have gotten the last set. They said if they don't have them they will refund my $$$$
I sure hope mine went out before yours! I'd check to make sure they don't send you my original one with the ding. :smile:

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bullitt 736 said:
I sure hope mine went out before yours! I'd check to make sure they don't send you my original one with the ding. :smile:
That is what I am afraid of, I sure hope that doesn't happen. Ever since I started modding my car, things have not seemed to go right.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Order them from AR and all should be OK, except for paying top $$$ from AR, since everyone else has backed off from selling them.

·
Registered
197 Posts
If you don't have any luck with the OE Wheels give Muscle Cars USA a call at (909)390-7900. They run a full page color ad in all the Mustang mags or you can check their website, www.musclecarsusa.com . Their prices on the American Racing version called the Torq Thrust M are very competitive.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Not sure how much the American Racing Torq Thrust M wheels are in the 18s, but I got my 17x8/17x9s for $655 shipped. That's still more than most replicas, but pretty cheap for American Racing wheels.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bullitt 736 said:
That's too bad. I came home tonight and the one I was waiting on was on the porch.

I haven't looked lately but AFS on Ebay had black 18's available a month ago.
Glad to hear you got your last wheel, want to sell them? :lol:

I really just don't want to put black bullitts on my car, not a huge fan

1 - 20 of 26 Posts