Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking online and I keep seeing the Ford racing one that fits 79-08, but says you have to drill. I thought you could get a loop that bolted into existing holes, or at the seat mount holes. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I'm gonna say that all the driveshaft loops i have seen need to be installed by drilling holes into the floor.I have the HPMotorsports driveshaft loop which is exactly like the Ford racing one.Simple install actually.I personally think they should be a stock item on any rear wheel driven car/truck.Good safety measure.LOL!

·
Registered
108 Posts
That's weird i have the upr one and my shop told me they would have to remove carpet to weld it onto the car so i didnt put it on there...i still have it if anyone wants to buy...:idea:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
If my memory serves me right,the UPR one is the exact same one as my HPMotorsports one.You have the option to weld it in,but is a bolt on.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, my brother and I just put one in a 67 Elcamino and we had to drill through the body to do so. On the Bullitt, is it right under where the back seat would be? If so, that would be great, because I can pull the back seat in about 10 seconds, then just pull up the carpet.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Absinth said:
That's weird i have the upr one and my shop told me they would have to remove carpet to weld it onto the car so i didnt put it on there...i still have it if anyone wants to buy...:idea:
Depends on how much you're asking. I'm in the market for one.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
It basically bolts up right under the driver,and passenger seats.You need to be so many inchs away from the yoke,and u joint.

·
Registered
656 Posts
itsabullitt said:
Yeah, my brother and I just put one in a 67 Elcamino and we had to drill through the body to do so. On the Bullitt, is it right under where the back seat would be? If so, that would be great, because I can pull the back seat in about 10 seconds, then just pull up the carpet.
It is installed on the tranny end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts