Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets see, I called procharger and they are currently concentrating on that obese Challenger with the thought of POSSIBLY offering a SC for our beloved Bullitts. Vortech says they will have one out soon but are not sure what exactly will be in the package....Diablosport says they are currently working on a tuner chip but not exactly sure when it will be ready but of course that Dodge Behemeth is on their website! All I can say is the aftermarket love is slow to come to our cars! I just don't want to be looking at an SS BOWTIE from behind at a stoplight. Lets go people we need more FIREPOWER! Oh, and yes I know about MRTs reload/loaded or whatever packages but I think our cars look GREAT as are and a simple power adder would be sufficient. Anyways, send me some feedback BULLITTHEADS!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
803 Posts
There are a lot of things out there for the 3v GT engines including cams, exhaust, etc. You have to understand that we are only 6,000 or so strong right now, so there isn't a lot of aftermarket companies jumping on concentrating on just the bullitt. With minimal effort and some cash, you could easily have a challenger beater in my opinion. I wouldn't take much to wake up our 3v and the 400 lb difference might help also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,073 Posts
The programming is in the works.Any other 3 valve mod will work.Any supercharger for an 08 Mustang GT should work.The Ford Racing Supercharger should be about ready for public consumption by now.Check in to that.If you are wanting to go centrifugal for a reason I guess you will have to wait for those companies you mentioned.Zex makes a very nice Nitrous kit that will equalize a lot of competition for around $600.:badgrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,012 Posts
The aftermarket responded quite well to the Marauder, and it is only 11,000 strong over 2 model years.

Why wouldn't a Procharger or Vortech S/C already meant for an '08 Mustang (or '05-'08 for that matter) be sufficient/appropriate for the Bullitt?

While places can apply their Race etc tunes for a Mustang GT to the Bullitt, I suspect Diablosport is discovering what some other tuners have, in that the Bullitt tune is pretty good as it comes.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,492 Posts
RCSignals said:
The aftermarket responded quite well to the Marauder, and it is only 11,000 strong over 2 model years.

Why wouldn't a Procharger or Vortech S/C already meant for an '08 Mustang (or '05-'08 for that matter) be sufficient/appropriate for the Bullitt?

While places can apply their Race etc tunes for a Mustang GT to the Bullitt, I suspect Diablosport is discovering what some other tuners have, in that the Bullitt tune is pretty good as it comes.

That is my feeling too. A stock GT needs a lot of aftermarket help, but a Bullitt doesn't and comes with a full warranty (which is one of the reasons why I bought it).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,012 Posts
tigerhonaker said:
Brenspeed has the Tuner for a Bullitt Mustang........

Give them a Call.........

Terry
Yes they have a tune, as do others, I'm not so sure it isn't an '08 Mustang GT tune though, that will work on a Bullitt. Best to ask if it was specifically developed using an '08 Bullit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,934 Posts
Are you kidding me?

The aftermarket available for these cars is huge! May not be that many Bullitt specific parts yet, but considering that 99% of what is out there for '05+ GTs will also work for us as well (maybe with some minor tweaks), that makes for many times more parts than I will ever have time or money for.


You want to see a limited aftermarket? try to find parts for an '89 Taurus SHO (my other car...). Now that's something that can be tough to find parts for...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,512 Posts
One of the first calls I made when we got the Bullitt was to Justin at VMP Tuning. Yes, he has a tune for the Bullitt, but thankfully he was very honest with me, and told me that he would only gain between 5 and 10 HP over the stock Ford Bullitt tune....Not worth the money for a tuner for that gain, IMHO....

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,355 Posts
RCSignals said:
Yes they have a tune, as do others, I'm not so sure it isn't an '08 Mustang GT tune though, that will work on a Bullitt. Best to ask if it was specifically developed using an '08 Bullit
RC,
I spoke with the Guy myself and they have done them for the Bullitt as well as the Shelby GT which is very similar to ours.


Terry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Doug at bamachips has also specifically dyno tuned Bullitts. I have an SCT coming, should be here anyday. The dynotuner I'm going to use for the cams and blower uses SCT so I gotta have it anyway. I will be able to report on the tuner, handling package and exhaust mods by the end of next week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,355 Posts
AwsmBullitt said:
Doug at bamachips has also specifically dyno tuned Bullitts. I have an SCT coming, should be here anyday. The dynotuner I'm going to use for the cams and blower uses SCT so I gotta have it anyway. I will be able to report on the tuner, handling package and exhaust mods by the end of next week.
Hello Adam,

Look forward to reading your COMMENTS on your set up when you Post here.



Terry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
What I find interesting is that Ford Racing is now offering "The same Cold Air Kit as the Bullitt with a new performance tune and minus the intake resonator box". So now anyone who has a GT can add the performance of a Bullitt to their GT minus the 3.73 gears? Oh well....

I still would like to have the intake tube minus the resonator box (saw the post on how to eliminate it yourself). I do not mind the roar of the intake my GT has with it's CAI, but can't really hear it with the aggressive Borla's, X pipe and headers I installed.

This weekend I had installed the FRPP shorty headers. Louder exhaust on WOT, but still sounds the same at idle and easy acceleration (like I do that! lol). Still working out how to describe what else they have done, but the SOP (Seat of the Pants) feel is that there is a bit more power and acceleration. We shall see.......

Now a all I need is a tune worthy of the car......
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top