Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back #4456 from the dealer yesterday and the ticking "appears" to be fixed. They had to replace the drivers side head because of some factory flaw. I am gonna give it a week and wait for any leaks or anything else related to it that might pop up before I call it a success. Once it is called a success I want to install a Tri-Ax and a K&N.

Where can I order these 2 things online at the same place at the best price?

Also I've been seeing a lot of negative posts about the K&N re: letting a lot of dirt through and causing the maf sensor to die prematurely and voiding the vehicles warranty.

Is there any validity to these claims and will it really do anything for me?

Thanks!

<font face="Times New Roman" size="5"><sup><font color="#000080">True Blue</font> Bullitt #4456</sup></font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2002-01-23 00:44 ]</font>

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone? I want to order these things tonight so if anyone knows any reputable, reliable vendors then please feel free to plug away :smile:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Nice advice Rocketdog what are you kidding me.:grin: Anyway go to places like Steeda for the shifter or the website called Stangnet and go under stuff you can buy. As for the K+N go right to discount auto parts.

See ya

Jim

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2002-01-22 19:54, NOMAD#5506 wrote:
Nice advice Rocketdog what are you kidding me.:grin:
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't think he's kidding and I have to agree with him.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Not that I am biased or anything, but www.speedworx.com

You guys are right. It is not dirt that gets on the MAS, it is excess oil from an improperly oiled K&N. The problem is user related.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
You can get a K&N at almost any local autoparts store (Autozone). I did have the dealer specifically tell me that it will void the warranty on all 2001 models, it is a good thing that I was in my '98 Expedition at the time.

I used it anyway.

By the way, if you are going to go with a Densecharger, wait. It uses a different K&N filter. Either pay $50 for the drop in or pay $130 for the Densecharger with the filter.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
the K & N is fine when installed new BUT Rocketdog is correct about oil.
when you clean a K & N for re-use they require you to RE-oil it!! many, MANY people have used too much oil and ruined their MAF, ETC!!!!
i buy the K & N for air flow and when it's time, i go ahead and fork up another $48.00 cuz it's not worth the risk to me to re-oil it!
ps. got my Tri-Ax from FordSpeed!!
www.fordspeed.com
makes more sense to eliminate the risk and buy/install a new one!!

2001 Bullitt DHG #648
Ford Racing Alum. Driveshaft
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, K & N Filter,
MGW LTD-All custom Satin Bullitt Bits & Pieces

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2002-01-23 11:48 ]</font>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts