Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a question that some of you more experienced gearheads can help me with. My Bullitt is currently stock except for a Bassanni x-pipe with cats, Densecharger and NGK plugs. I know Im going to eventually add a blower, but my better half and my four month old baby seem to think that $5000.00 for it would be better spent elsewhere. In the immediate future I am either going to do headers or a chip along with 3.73 gears. My question is which mod would net me the better results, chip or headers? Which mod would work better with the eventual blower(at least fall of '02)? Thanks for the help!!!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
If you are going to eventually do a blower then go either headers or gears(probably gears). Don't bother with the chip since you'll have to either get it reburned or replaced with the blower. You'll feel more with the gears before or after the blower than the headers.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Barnaby!!!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Barnaby, one more thing. If I change the gears Im guessing I have to recalibrate the car for the new gears. Is it better to do that with a chip or just recalibrate the speedo?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
I had a Sean Hyland speedo compensator and now a Dallas Mustang one in the Bullitt. They have both performed perfect, the SHM one ran $150+shipping from Canada and the DM one ran $90+ shipping from Dallas. You can calibrate it to compensate for gears or different tires. And no chip to reburn if you make any changes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Barnaby on 2002-01-02 21:23 ]</font>

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool!!! thanks for the info!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts