Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Greetings Alan,

WOW you have asked a loaded question. You will find many conversions about what is the best oil and filters and some people have very strong opinions.

Myself, I just have my Bullitt serviced by the dealer who uses Motocraft synthic blend 5W20. Luckly, I have a very good and dependable local dealer. Just make sure to use a good brand of oil either a synthic blend or full synthic. Hopefully you have read the owner's manual. Use 5W20...do not let someone talk you into 5W30 or worse, 10W30. Also the recommended oil change interval is 7500 miles for normal service or 5000 miles for severe service. My personal opinion is no more then 5000 miles. For most people 3,000 miles or less is a waste unless it is subject to "severe service" as defined in the owner's manual.

Just my 2 cents worth (worth about a penny these days).

Drive and Enjoy your Bullitt.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Dealer serviced Motocraft 5W20 synthic blend.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Just did my first change last week, with 400 miles on the original oil. Put in the Motorcraft 5/20 blend from Wall-Mart, along with the Motorcraft fl-820s filter. About $20 for both oil and filter. Maybe after I have around 5K miles, I'll switch to full synthetic.

:dhg08:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Factory specified 5W20 Motorcraft every 5000. I was told you can do a lot more harm than good by putting a thicker oil into that motor. If you decide on a different brand or a full synthetic make sure you at least stick with 5W20

·
Registered
104 Posts
I used Castrol Syntech 5w 20 & a Wix filter, The wife works for Oreilly's (employee discount ). I would have used Mobil 1 , but there was none on the shelf.

·
Registered
969 Posts
time to change

first oil change at 1,500 miles performed by ford dealer--5w20 blend

second oil change at 8,000 performed by me--mobil 1 5w20 full synthetic

all future changes will be full synthetic. i usually go by the color of the oil and how the engine sounds/feels to know when to change the oil.

·
Registered
104 Posts
bullitt890 said:
what did you use to measure the hp increase?
What ! don't you have a a$$dyno ? :shock:

·
Registered
224 Posts
I use Wesson Safflower oil. Its about as thick as 5-20 so I figure whats the difference. And its Organic

Okay, seriously, I changed mine at 500 miles w/ conventional 5-20, I'll go full-synthetic next time around 5000K, I think.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Back when they built the SR-71 Spyplane, they spent bazillions developing lubricants that would protect engine parts at 400+ degrees. It wasn't yak fat, and it still isn't available at Autozone. :confused:

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Tx ******* said:
Back when they built the SR-71 Spyplane, they spent bazillions developing lubricants that would protect engine parts at 400+ degrees. It wasn't yak fat, and it still isn't available at Autozone. :confused:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :hyper2: :hyper2: :rotfl: :rotfl:

·
Premium Member
4,220 Posts
5-20 Motorcraft oil every 2500 miles

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Upon further investigation, it appears that ROUSH, SALEEN and FORD, all recommend the slightly heaver 5w30 on supercharged applications!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.