Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys are getting hammered by the weather out there. Just unreal.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are getting snow......and rain......and mudslides (non alcoholic) :wink:

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Non alcoholic mudslides! Sorry SoCal, didn't realize it was THAT bad! j/k Hope it gets better soon!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I`m sick of it.
Just watched an etire hillside bury a BUNCH of houses.
No news yet on loss of life.
I don`t have my new tires yet, or the Watts link, so the rear of the car wants to float in this crap.
The center of gravity is about head height in the rear.
Scared myself stupid this morning on the way to work.
REAL TIRED OF IT!!!

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Doc, you guys are getting it worse than us. It's still coming down here, we've got almost a years worth of rain in the last three weeks. Granted our annual is only about 4 1/2 inches. Hope you SoCal guys stay safe!

We have a ski area about 45 minutes from the house. They had an avalanche yesterday and it swallowed a 13 year old kid. They're saying the wall of snow was so huge it pulled him off the chair lift!

We're not supposed to get a break until maybe Wednesday...

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
We`re hoping the last storm will hit us tonight and clear out by Tuesday night. I would think you guys in Vegas would get it late Tuesday. I think we got at least 10 inches of rain in this last storm alone. We are lucky to get that much in a year. The ski resorts got a good deal out of it but, that stuff is going to melt soon and then the run off will cause even more damage. These are the good times and we`re havin` them.

7,020 Posts
we need the rain ... just stay dry in the garage doing fun BULLITT stuff ... the sun will come out tomorrow.

try to remember all those days without rain last summer, the drought man, the Calif. fires storms !

on your six ... DHG 1005

·
Registered
967 Posts
yeah Mike I thought I was going to swim to work today!
R/T.J.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Woke up to the news of the mudslides and got really sad thinking of all the people who lost their homes and family members. I know we need the rain, but this is just too much. :sad: I'm glad not to hear the raindrops this morning. Just went to the balcony and noticed the sun is actually struggling to come out here in LA as I write this. I sure hope it's over!!!

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I figured it was Colby, kind of explained why he hasn't been around much...

I'm kidding.

Woke up to more showers this morning. Not sure how much more we can hold before I have to look into a trolling motor for the car!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I guess you could hook up an outboard to that puppy.
I hope it is over for a while.
Vegetation on the hillsides is going to grow like crazy.....then it will dry out in summer and in the fall.....we`ll get even worse fires than usual.
Almost forgot: The glass is half FULL.

·
Registered
473 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2005-01-11 09:54, 'Have BULLITT will travel' wrote:
we need the rain ... just stay dry in the garage doing fun BULLITT stuff ... the sun will come out tomorrow.

try to remember all those days without rain last summer, the drought man, the Calif. fires storms !

on your six ... DHG 1005

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>U think the fires where bad last year.... just watch what is going to happen when all those weeds and grasses grow from all this rain

Once a MARINE always a MARINE!
"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ***, and I am all out of bubble gum."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MARINE_V on 2005-01-11 19:48 ]</font>

·
Registered
370 Posts
Everything is starting to get cleared up For a few days it felt like I lived on a Island 101 was blocked in north and south at La Conchita and also it was blocked at Gaviota also Hwy 154 which goes from Santa Barbara over the mountains to Santa Inez was blocked and still is and will remain so for a while. 101 at La Conchita hopfully will open up on Saturday
The only good thing is that the dam at lake Cachuma is filled up and spilling over. on Saturday it was half full, We got a hell of alott of water up here!

·
Registered
473 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2005-01-12 12:47, 'Have BULLITT will travel' wrote:
MARINE_V, yes it's a catch 22 kind of thing.

Good to hear you will be at the Peterson ... I will watch your back !

semper fi .

on your six ... DHG 1005
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>Thanks bud.... we Marines stick together, need to keep an eye out for those cops! :grin:

Once a MARINE always a MARINE!
"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ***, and I am all out of bubble gum."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MARINE_V on 2005-01-13 11:45 ]</font>

1 - 19 of 19 Posts