Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 08 Bullitt as it has been believeably described ... like the Shelby GT? (probably under the radar)

OR

The 08 Bullitt with that 390 hp DHG engine shown on the pony site, big ADM, long wait, big hype etc?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Obviously, I'd like the car to be all it can be, but if it's as described in the 2nd option, it would probably be well beyond my price range. Plus it would lose functionality as I would not use it as a daily driver. If it's just a tweaked GT (or Shelby GT-esque) as described in the first option, I wouldn't have such qualms driving it regularly.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
It will be lucky to have 325hp. Don't forget there are cliques inside Ford and these engineers who work on these cars (Cobra, Mach, Bullitt, Roush, Saleen, Boss) all are jockeying for #1. there is a lot of turf protecting when it comes to HP/TQ. I just don't see an '08 Bullitt coming with 390HP. (IMHO).

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I'm just keeping what I've got. I am happy and not interested in price gouging Dealers!

If Ford wants to sell cars, they need to smarten up a bit about what they allow their Dealers to do! They would sell a ton at MSRP and very few at anything higher!

·
Registered
96 Posts
P-51 Bullitt said:
I'm just keeping what I've got. I am happy and not interested in price gouging Dealers!

If Ford wants to sell cars, they need to smarten up a bit about what they allow their Dealers to do! They would sell a ton at MSRP and very few at anything higher!

That's what I think as well. Kind of like the new Camaro. Looks like it'll be an extremely nice car all around, but with the markup that just about every dealer will undoubtedly tack on, I see it as being out of reach for most average people.

To answer the original question, IF the dealers don't gouge the hell out of the price, then give me 390bhp. If they're going to try and sucker me into believing the car is worth 45k, I'll gladly take one more along the lines of the Shelby.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
P-51 Bullitt said:

When "very few" are sold the dealer drops the price.
As a car stays on his floor plan the dealer drops the price.
As more cars hit the road the dealer drops the price.

It's not called gauging - it's getting all you can for an item [ car, watch, washing machine, etc ] to test the market.
It is the marketplace , not the dealer, that will set the price - a fair price set over time.

It is Economiocs 101, market economy and supply and demand all wraped onto one.

Can you buy a Shelby GT500 at MSRP now ?
After they build the 15,000th one in 2009 do you think there will be rebates????

BTW Ford does build a nice Mustang for the "average" buyer.

It's a V6 coupe with a stick shift that you can get for the same price as a Hundai.
And with 0% financing!

Need more power ? Just open up one of a dozen Mustang mags a see how easy it is to bolt on as much power as you want.

This the "golden age" of automotive performance- enjoy it now guys , because things are about to change.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
FCMCBULLITT said:

It's not called gauging - it's getting all you can for an item [ car, watch, washing machine, etc ] to test the market.
It is the marketplace , not the dealer, that will set the price - a fair price set over time.

After they build the 15,000th one in 2009 do you think there will be rebates????

It's a V6 coupe with a stick shift that you can get for the same price as a Hundai.
And with 0% financing!

Need more power ? Just open up one of a dozen Mustang mags a see how easy it is to bolt on as much power as you want.

This the "golden age" of automotive performance- enjoy it now guys , because things are about to change.
I agree with allot of what you just said, V-6 is a very good car. A little NVH for a tremendous price. Still, as always the Mustang is great value for the $$$.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
FCMCBULLITT said:

And with 0% financing!

Call it what you want. Justify it as you please.........I call it gouging.

When I can buy a "Specialty" Mustang for MSRP (which is already too high in the first place) the same way I buy a T-Shirt for the price on the tag, then I will consider buying one.

·
Administrator
13,266 Posts
Alan, Lets say you had a limited edition weapon that had just come out and very few people had access to. You acquired a second one and decided to sell it. Would you ask the price you paid or would you sell it for as much as you could get? Most if not all would see what the market would give for this weapon. I for one would so is that gouging or trying to get the most for a item that you have for sale?

There is no difference. Man's in business to make money not give cars away.

·
Car Whisperer
20,888 Posts
the 390 would be what they should do, but the bean counters would never allow it.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
I remember from high school (a long, long time ago) something called supply and demand. I also remember from many years of life, those with the money to spend will pay what they want for something they want, be it a watch, shirt, house or even an automobile. I say it is their money to spend and if it floats their boat, so be it. If I do not want to pay over sticker for something I do not need, I JUST DO NOT DO IT. Doesn't bother me at all to see someone spending THEIR money for something THEY want.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
How about going to all the dealers, then when someone is looking to pay over sticker, explain to them that is causing many other people problems. That would be one sure way to get the prices down.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Believe me, I understand everyone's points........including the car salesman!

Everyone seems to be missing my point.

My point was that Ford should stop complaining about low car sales and smarten up!
Is it difficult to understand that Ford would sell more cars (quicker) if they were sold at MSRP?
Which, BTW,.....contains a reasonable dealer profit in the price!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts