Registered
4,248 Posts
yup, that happens :D

time for a good replacement :)

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was actually going to ask, this one was direct from Vortech, any where with better belts. i mean im getting some sliping of course since the charger pushes the car so hard. anywhere with a better 6-rib belt, eventually i will go with a 8 rib set up but for now the 6 will do.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Aftermarket superchargers tend to go through belts, but mine lasted about 40,000 miles and didn't look that bad. Are you sure that all the pulleys are aligned? How many miles on the blower?

I bought a Gatorback belt from Autozone at the same time that I put on the blower and just left it in the trunk. When it came time to replace the stock belt I put on the Gatorback and bought a Gates for backup.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im not sure about the pullies. that was the first thing that i thought about.

I also get alot of belt slipping, you can feel it when you first get into WOT.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Looks like something is not lined up correctly. It should not be too hard to find what it is rubbing against. Look at the pullys for a shiny spot.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I agree, take notice to your belt alignment and check your tensioner pullie. Make sure it isn't crooked and\ or loosing tension.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I found out that the pullies were not lined up worth a **** when I got 3416 home after my trip to get it from the previous owner. I took it to MPH after fighting the alignnment for a couple weeks by myself.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I would buy a gates belt. They are suppose to be one of the best.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No its not rubbing. Like i said earlier i think it was just wear and tear from pushing it so hard like i do.

·
Registered
14,703 Posts
Mr.BULLITT said:
No its not rubbing. Like i said earlier i think it was just wear and tear from pushing it so hard like i do.
How many miles are on the blower?

I seriously doubt that it is from pushing it hard, but it's hard to tell. It looks to me like maybe the belt is climbing a ribbed pulley.

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
pushing it hard should not do that type of damage.

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
5111 said:
How many miles are on the blower?

I seriously doubt that it is from pushing it hard, but it's hard to tell. It looks to me like maybe the belt is climbing a ribbed pulley.
Its got at least 30,000 on the blower already. i Drive ALOT lol

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
rblack4405 said:
pushing it hard should not do that type of damage.
well like i said, it has a bit of belt slipage on initial WOT so over a period of 30,000 miles it could have bad effects.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts