Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As in the title, has anyone done this in their Bullitt? I find it crazy that in a performance theme auto like the B there isn't a true oil pressure gauge installed. I'm thinking of changing the 2 hole pillar pod in #0005 to a 3 hole and adding an oil pressure gauge....John R :cool:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
johnny-longtorso said:
:lol: I guess I was hoping for a bit of elaboration...I'm curious about what sort of oil pressure the 4.6 runs at both at idle and at cruise (2000-2500) rpm's....

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
MaineBullitt said:
As in the title, has anyone done this in their Bullitt? I find it crazy that in a performance theme auto like the B there isn't a true oil pressure gauge installed. I'm thinking of changing the 2 hole pillar pod in #0005 to a 3 hole and adding an oil pressure gauge....John R :cool:
COOL ... Please send pics if and when you do ... :~))

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sadly I'm likely not one to comment as I am running a built stroker. But for the record, at start it's rather high, usually north of 80psi. When hot, at idle it will be near 20 (which is typical for modulars in general - they run low at low rpms). Under boost it will typically be in the 50-70 range. I have heard of Lightnings seeing 100psi a lot when under boost.

I have a Moroso pump. Anyone considering a new pump should get it. Skip the MMR,lots of threads on that turd elsewhere.

I have the 3-pot pillar pod on my car. I had pics & a write-up on ModularFords, but it appears to have been lost in one of the server shuffles, but honestly installation is nothing secret.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bullitt_5135 said:
Oil temp gauge here (along with boost and fuel pressure) but no oil pressure gauge.
I hadn't thought about an oil temp guage, but there is a cluster made by someone that allows for 2 additional guages to be installed so I could do both pressure and temp...Hmmmmmmmmm..:cool:

Just curious, what (oil) temp do our motors run at?

·
Registered
173 Posts
MaineBullitt said:
Just curious, what (oil) temp do our motors run at?
Likely highly subjective based on the location of the sender. I don't worry much about temps, but I have a thermostatic cooler and run 10qts of oil.....

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
johnny-longtorso said:
Likely highly subjective based on the location of the sender. I don't worry much about temps, but I have a thermostatic cooler and run 10qts of oil.....
That's true-good point, but it still would provide more info than is there now. Maybe I'd be better served just doing oil pressure & coolant temp. I'm just thinking about filling the second hole in the cluster. I could just get a steering column pod for just 1 guage & do oil pressure....I'll think about it, won't do it until this winter. Thanks for the info though. Your car sounds like it's a beast-Do you have any vids or pics?

·
Registered
173 Posts
MaineBullitt said:
Your car sounds like it's a beast-Do you have any vids or pics?
At the risk of diluting this thread.....

Not as of yet - I had a butt-load of data amassed and was building a new site for the car when my laptop HD crashed, eating it all. About the only things that survived were a test flash file:
http://ocnav.com/cars/Bullitt/

.....and a first "rought test" of the site look & menu system (warning: highly broken)
http://ocnav.com/cars/Bullitt/index-old.html

I had lots of issues, not the least of which is reflected in the URL in my .sig. I am rather disinterested in the hobby at the moment, I am hoping that having the car back and running will change that......

Don
PS - to the haters: keep any snotty comments on the look of the car or the website to yourselves. I've heard it enough, it's my friggin' car and it's what I wanted it to be, so suck it.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
johnny-longtorso said:
At the risk of diluting this thread.....

Not as of yet - I had a butt-load of data amassed and was building a new site for the car when my laptop HD crashed, eating it all. About the only things that survived were a test flash file:
http://ocnav.com/cars/Bullitt/

.....and a first "rought test" of the site look & menu system (warning: highly broken)
http://ocnav.com/cars/Bullitt/index-old.html

I had lots of issues, not the least of which is reflected in the URL in my .sig. I am rather disinterested in the hobby at the moment, I am hoping that having the car back and running will change that......

Don
PS - to the haters: keep any snotty comments on the look of the car or the website to yourselves. I've heard it enough, it's my friggin' car and it's what I wanted it to be, so suck it.
Don-hopefully you can find the time to update the site, but the car def. takes priority. Sounds like she's going to fly!! Even if you can just get some pics up it would be cool. I hear you on the comments-Bottom line is it is your car and you should build/modify it to suit your taste. Thanks again for the info earlier....John R :cool:

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I have a mechanical oil pressure gauge.

Mine idles at about 800-900 rpms and it usaully reads 15 psi once warmed up.

I believe I'm running about 50-60 psi crusining on the highway. 4.10 gears

i think mine is a little low but other people say its fine. I've heard the general rule is you should have at LEAST 10 psi for every 1000 rpms

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bullitt3246 said:
I have a mechanical oil pressure gauge.

Mine idles at about 800-900 rpms and it usaully reads 15 psi once warmed up.

I believe I'm running about 50-60 psi crusining on the highway. 4.10 gears

i think mine is a little low but other people say its fine. I've heard the general rule is you should have at LEAST 10 psi for every 1000 rpms

Thanks for the response, I think I've decided on just an oil pressure guage on the column. I'll think it over until this winter and decide about a second guage.

Your car is nice btw!!!!!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
johnny-longtorso said:
Sadly I'm likely not one to comment as I am running a built stroker. But for the record, at start it's rather high, usually north of 80psi. When hot, at idle it will be near 20 (which is typical for modulars in general - they run low at low rpms). Under boost it will typically be in the 50-70 range. I have heard of Lightnings seeing 100psi a lot when under boost.

I have a Moroso pump. Anyone considering a new pump should get it. Skip the MMR,lots of threads on that turd elsewhere.

I have the 3-pot pillar pod on my car. I had pics & a write-up on ModularFords, but it appears to have been lost in one of the server shuffles, but honestly installation is nothing secret.

my pressure is pretty much exactly how you described yours, granted i do have a stroker as well... i am ussually a little above 20 at idle and around 60ish on steady cruise..... This is all with a melling oil pump, for the install i ordered an autometer gauge with sending unit off summitt for about 200 bucks... i removed my stock sending unit and replaced it with the autometer unit.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts