Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
The interesting thing is how much they had to modify their cars to get where the bullitt is stock. Lets mod the Bullitt they way they have and then race again....

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
The guy with the handle QTRN12 has a tuned 1.8T VW Golf. He runs around the 13 second 1/4 mile.

He's making over 300hp.

But in all honesty-- I've never seen the car up to 100%. It may be fast, but its in the face of day to day reliability. He doesn't care to much for reliability.

·
Registered
835 Posts
WE need to put a stop to this 5 HP more than a GT crap.

Mickey D'Armi wrote this in his response to one of my e-mails to Team Mustang. "We have some very strict requirements here at Ford for measuring "advertisable" horsepower, and when the final production engines were certified under those guidelines, we were only able to advertise 265 HP for the Bullitt." (6/26/01) Notice he says advertisable, not actual. Big difference in light of the 99 Cobra fiasco. That's Ford's legal dept, covering A in case the Bullitt didn't produce as expected.

Art Hyde added this in another message, "We had a choice -- delay production while we sorted out the test issue or go to production because the cars did deliver what we wanted -- customers have gotten 1/4 mi times of 13.7 @ 100mph with stock tires as a validation of the performance. At the time we had to make this choice, we had 3000+ orders and because of the short build duration of the program, the delay probably would have meant we could not even build that quantity of vehicles in total." (6/27/01)

It makes sense that rather than satisfying the legal eagles they chose to satisfy those of us with standing advance orders.

To bad the Honda Ricers haven't read any of this, nor have they met our club champ JBVobra. They'd change their mids about the Bullitt being a 14.2 car.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whoever checks this out , make sure you watch the video posted in the beginning of the thread on on ClubSi. That is the funny part of it, the other is just Import guys talking about American cars, you know how that will go. I should have mentioned this at the beginning. The Bullitt racing in the video is one of our members, and I don't think he knows about it :grin:

·
Registered
835 Posts
The video was great. I have it saved with my other Bullitt stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 1NastyFordGT on 2001-10-27 14:14 ]</font>

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey, they didn't tell me I was going to be in the movies.......I can't download the video, is my hair alright? Sure am glad I practice them shifts.......hate to miss one and have it posted all over the net.

Did I do us proud?

Seriously.....The guy was pretty cool, and it was a tough race. he hung at the door the whole time. He later told me the thing was S/C'ed with a few other goodies. My Bullitt (3538) is bone stock.

I raced him a few weeks prior, at that time he and his buddy were in a GT. We raced a couple of times, I was able to pull on him both times. The last race was at full throttle into a sweeping right hand curve. I was at full throttle making the 2-3 shift with no problems. My Bullitt hung into the curve like a slot car.

I'm attempting to post a response over there now. If anyone can convert the video clip to a more "user friendly" format let me know. I'd love to see it.

Update: I finally got the video downloaded..Hey, I look good.....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mswaim on 2001-10-27 14:36 ]</font>

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks for posting the link. I keep an apartment in Modesto, and go home to Fresno for the weekends. My wife and I both love to cruise, which is where we met up with this guy. Anyway, we both had fun it seems, so no harm done. I'm still trying to post a reply over there, but they have a delay on their new members posting rights. Thanks again, and I have the correct player now, so I was able to view the video.

·
Registered
168 Posts
That's pretty cool :cool:. Just think, his HP is up quite a bit w/ a SC and his weight is a LOT lighter. Stock Bullitt sounds good too.
First time I've actually heard one other than driving mine! Sounds just like it does inside my car!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
mswaim,
I'm also from the same area. I'm in Hanford, and travel to fresno frequently. CA_Bullitt is also in the area, some where around Chowchilla. We'll have to meet up sometime and swap stories.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sounds good to me. I know there are at least two other Bullitt's in Fresno, one blue and one green, but I've yet to chat with either owner.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts