Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just venting frustration for Rarecat and I. I had purchased the entire trunk lid from him during his parting of a True Blue as I own one also, my Garage Queen. Well after working the deal with Rarecat and after he had a UPS Store pack it all up it comes delivered, or should I say litterally Dropped Shipped. I did not even open the package as you could see that all four corners of the lid are distroyed and are just flaking away through the packing. I called UPS several times and they are useless. I wish I could have tied one on last night but I had to be up for work today. I tell you one thing, I felt like someone ripped my heart out when I saw the utter disrespect for the way our package had been treated, let alone packed by Professionals! Any input on how to resolve with UPS for us would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for spending the time to read my ranting and for helping us fellow Bullittheads out!. Curt W.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
That truly sucks and the frustration is obviously magnified by the poor poor customer service you get from UPS these days. Every since they went public with their stock they have gone down hill. I surely hope you are able to get them to step up and pay for repair or replacement of the lid. Good luck.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The package had at least $100 insurance from UPS, then what ever you insured it for when it shipped. If you contact the store it was shipped from they will send someone out to you to examine the package. They will need the original package and the packing that was in it.
Olivia

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
OKCBULLITT said:
That truly sucks and the frustration is obviously magnified by the poor poor customer service you get from UPS these days. Every since they went public with their stock they have gone down hill. I surely hope you are able to get them to step up and pay for repair or replacement of the lid. Good luck.
I worked for UPS back in the 70's. The care then wasn't any better. The way some employees were treated by the company was utterly disgusting, myself included. I didn't stay very long, but what I saw was shocking. Packages were treated very poorly in retaliation to the way the employee was treated.:shock:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ohhlivia said:
The package had at least $100 insurance from UPS, then what ever you insured it for when it shipped. If you contact the store it was shipped from they will send someone out to you to examine the package. They will need the original package and the packing that was in it.
Olivia
+1. If no extra coverage insurance was added it will be hell to get that $100 back, but it can be done.

Anything that is fragile like that I insure it for what it cost's new.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
I can't recommend Fedex.. They have been horrible for us lately.

·
Premium Member
3,509 Posts
B-Man said:
I can't recommend Fedex.. They have been horrible for us lately.
Sorry to hear about UPS and sorry to hear B-Man is having problems with Fed-Ex as well.
They all have bad days but Fed-Ex has been superb with my 2 day express service to the UK, so far..........!

I once ended up working for a parcel firm when I got laid off when I was a truck driver years ago.
Man it was to worst 2 days of my life. (That was all I could stand and I was not driving for them)
I don't know how anything ever got delivered anywhere
or why any of us would ever trust and parcel company....... Well except because we have to sometimes.....

·
Registered
899 Posts
Here is the preview of the coming train wreck..... UPS will claim it wasn't packaged correctly and the store will claim that UPS mishandled the package....and I'll be left with a big fat goose egg......

Just wait, I'll bet I'm right....I'll post the end result when the smoke clears and the finger pointing ends....wish me luck...

·
Registered
565 Posts
Everytime I receive a package from UPS I am reminded about how SHOCKED i am that they are still a profitable and 'reputable' company. The fact that companies like Amazon and Newegg.com insist on using UPS's services seems to indicate that the number of complaints these companies receive about the condition of packages is not substantial enough to offset the bargain pricing UPS is offering.
(I have a friend who worked for UPS in the sorting area and after seeing their process, he said that he himself would never ship anything of any value with UPS)

A few years ago, I worked for an aerospace company, designing support systems for military aircraft. We were finding that some parts passed Quality Control in-house, but when the crews out in the field when to install those same parts, some were misaligned and had hairline fractures. We then rigged a few outgoing packages with instrumentation and discovered that the packages shipped with UPS were experincing more trauma during shipping than they were designed to handle on the aircraft. Needless to say, our company hasn't used UPS ever since.

·
Premium Member
18,432 Posts
The truly sad part is that the frieght haulers use forklifts and often do more damage than that! It's a wonder that anything gets shipped anywhere and arrives intact.:confused:

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I worked for UPS durring the xmas time while I was home from school...I was surprised to see packages just thrown around and smashed into corners on the trucks. Its really bad. Def dont ship anything glass/fragile with them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have an Ebay business. I take '54 Fords apart and sell the parts on Ebay. I've shipped over 400 parts and I always use Fedex. One lost item, reimbursed, one late arrival, also reimbursed.I Ship out of a Kinko's Fedex store and I have been very happy with them.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
jim8023 said:
I have an Ebay business. I take '54 Fords apart and sell the parts on Ebay. I've shipped over 400 parts and I always use Fedex. One lost item, reimbursed, one late arrival, also reimbursed.I Ship out of a Kinko's Fedex store and I have been very happy with them.
Just '54's? Do they look more like 53's or 55's? Just curious.

I sold my Cougar seats on Ebay to this guy way up north near Canada, and I packaged them very well, put boards under the frame studs and everything. UPS still trashed them. I followed the tracking and it's amazing how many times they were off/on loaded. No wonder that happens. With 10 idiots not giving a crap about it, I'm surprised anything gets to where it's going.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Rarecat said:
Here is the preview of the coming train wreck..... UPS will claim it wasn't packaged correctly and the store will claim that UPS mishandled the package....and I'll be left with a big fat goose egg......

Just wait, I'll bet I'm right....I'll post the end result when the smoke clears and the finger pointing ends....wish me luck...
This is the most likely outcome. It all comes down to packing. Don't open it in anyway. Don't call anyone. Just file a claim on line. If you bought insurance it will go smooth. If you didn't It'll be tough.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
All the previous posts are correct in regards to UPS...I know because I work there...Been there 28 years as of this coming Wednesday....Yes, before UPS went public, the company was run diffently...Yes, if you don't package your item with a new or decent box with proper cushioning, damage could occur...In the buliding I work at they handle up to 50,000 packages a day in the morning and in the evening anything from 60,000 to 80,000 packages...We're not perfect but neither is the competion either....All the shipping companies out there offer something....Fed Ex is non union, DHL is owned by the German Post Office and US Post Office is run by the government...Sorry to sound like a UPS supporter, but they provided me with a good job(porter)with good benefits .......

·
Quest for single digits
12,030 Posts
Can't say I've ever had anything damaged by any carrier but then again, I've never had anything shipped the size of a trunk lid. If it's any consolation, every time we have something shipped from the US into Canada we have to pay a "Brokerage fee". Last thing I bought was 299.00 and the brokerage fee was 89.00. That is something that really jerks me, almost 30% in fees.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I work for FedEx. All I can recommend is that whichever parcel service you choose, ALWAYS pay a little exrta for the shipping insurance. Its really not that much, especially if your package gets damaged, you will be glad you did.

Also, use a box that is sturdy and in good condition. Im amazed at some of the packages I pick up from big name companies. Some of them may as well be wrapped in toilet paper. Even if the parcel service is at fault for damaging your package, if the box you shipped it in is old and worn, you wont see a dime.

If you receive a damaged package, DO NOT throw away any of the packaging. Contact the carrier immediately, take pictures, and leave the package as is. I have a friend who recently had his turbo rebuilt, and when it was sent back via UPS the housing was cracked in half. 6 months later he's still waiting for his money, and UPS just now told him that unless he can show them the original packaging, he's SOL. Not knocking UPS, the courriers actually have fun BS-ing at common stops and *****ing about common customers :)

·
Registered
967 Posts
that sucks. i have never had any problems with either UPS or FED-ex other than one of the two actually dropped off my brothers 40gb ipod at the wrong place and signed it off as if it was where it should be. we got a new one free of charge and about 2 weeks later we got a call from someone (we had his name and phone # engraved) saying they bought it at a store and it had his name and number on it. lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts