Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im about to put my nitrous kit on my bullitt that i had on my 5.0 and i was wondering who els on here is running nitrous. befor i spray it i will be doing a compression test to see where im at befor the first bottle and after the 2nd bottle i will be doing a compression test to see if i have hurt it at all. it is an NOS kit and i was wondering what size jetting you guys are using for a 100 shot with just bolt ons like intake t/b and exhaust. im using a acufab single blade t/b since i figured it would not block the spray from the fogger as much as the stock twin blade t.b. ill keep you all posted

jeff

·
Registered
967 Posts
i don't spray mine with nitrous but i do spray it with water from time to time to keep it clean. lol

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I have pondered a little spray on mine also, so I too am interested in the responses to this question. Which set up do people have and what advice do they have.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Me too, I have had the desire to bolt on kit but really didn't know what, when , where and who

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Are you sure the 5.0 kit will work with your 4.6? I know you can buy the necessary parts to make it work, but most 5.0 kits don't just bolt right up to the 4.6. I ran a NOS 5115 kit on my old notchback, and I know that it wouldn't hook up to the 4.6 without buying the parts from the 5116 kit.

I'm sure you've already thought of all this and taken care of the necessary parts, but thought I would mention it.

·
Registered
29,355 Posts
Some information on NOS ...........

Jimmy Ray said:
Me too, I have had the desire to bolt on kit but really didn't know what, when , where and who
Jimmy,

You know by now I am a believer in BRENSPEED if you have read any of my Post.

I remember checking on this a while back. NOS

Here are some samples of what BRENSPEED Offers:

Maybe a place to check out !!!!!!!!!!

If you call ???

Ask to speak to "Seth" and tell him Terry Honaker aka "tigerhonaker" sent you:

Mustang 5.0 & 4.6L Zex Dry Nitrous System 75-125 HP (86-98)
Regular price: $479.99

Mustang GT Zex Wet Nitrous System 75-125 HP (86-04)
Regular price: $529.99

LINK for 2005-2008 Mustangs NOS:

Click on LINK Below:

http://www.brenspeed.com/05-08-mustang-power-adders-nitrous---accessories.html

Mustang GT Zex Wet Nitrous System 75-175 HP (05-08)
Regular price: $539.99

2005 Mustang GT with Kooks, Mac, & Nitrous.

OK we went a little overboard with this one.
The idea was to let you hear the Kooks exhaust with the Mac mufflers but we got a little out of hand.
Click To Watch

Hope this Helps in Your Decisions..........

tigerhonaker

</FORM>

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the only difference is the jetting. if you look up kits most of them say ford EFI nitrous kit. if it was the zex kit then i beleave i would need some different parts because the zex kit have the "brain" thing and use the tps to know when to spray... i just push the button on the shifter when i wanna go faster :cool:

when i first got the kit off my friends

since then i added a purge kit and a few other things. also have coolant temp and aem wide band going on along with it. notice the hurst t handel at the bottom of the box

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Mus408 said:
There is one rule around here......All Throttle..No Bottle...!
There is nothing wrong with this rule for you (in general, I agree your way is the most desirable), but if funds are limited and the intent is just to make some decent passes at the track, a small shot is a VERY cost effective way to do it.

I'd love to have Long Tube Headers, or nice heads, or cams to knock a few tenths off my ET, but I cannot afford $1200+ to get any one of them. My last $500 of budget money can shave .4-.5 seconds off my ET w/ Nitrous. If you operate the kit properly (make sure you have reasonable timing and plenty of gas to keep the cylinders cool) there should be no negative effect to the occasional spray. Some people think it is a taboo method of horsepower, but the pros use it too.

I'd rather have 20 more HP the NA way, but cannot achieve that with ~$500.

Does anyone have experience with the current kits on the market?

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
A friend of mine had a zex kit on his black bullitt mostly stock with the exception of an o/r x and he went 12.40's with it. He seemed to like it. Gave him a honest 125hp at the wheels. Which some measure at the flywheel but zex claims at the wheels.

·
Registered
12 Posts
ive been spraying my bullitt for the last 2 years i started out with a 75 shot and than moved to a 150 after the stroker install and i couldnt be happier. my only recommendation is to integrate a digital msd window swith to avoid nitrous back fire and from that point you can also use a open throttle switch. persoanally i kept the button so i could stay in the loop. i could talk about it all day if you have any specific questions id be happy to answer

·
Registered
12 Posts
ive been spraying my bullitt for the last 2 years i started out with a 75 shot and than moved to a 150 after the stroker install and i couldnt be happier. my only recommendation is to integrate a digital msd window swith to avoid nitrous back fire and from that point you can also use a open throttle switch. persoanally i kept the button so i could stay in the loop. i could talk about it all day if you have any specific questions id be happy to answer

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
TRUEBLUE3934 said:
My last $500 of budget money can shave .4-.5 seconds off my ET w/ Nitrous.
if you only get 1/2 a sec faster with a 75 or 100 shot its because you have a traction issue. im expecting at least a sec off my time with my 100 shot. if i didnt have the n2o kit sitting in a box in my room i wouldnt be buying one to put on. im just using it since i had it laying around and it only cost me 4oo for everything. it isnt really the cheep way out being as i have spent well over 1000 for n20 in the last year or so... $58 every time you fill your 10LB bottle really adds up quick when your at the track every week and out on the street alot... if you go out and buy the kit its gonna cost you 800 buy the time u get the kit, fill the bottle, get a bottle heater, and if you get a window switch there goes even more money. then if you go threw a bottle or so a week it adds up quick. ull spend 1500 at least the first year. you can just save up for heads and cams or find a used blower. it is worht it tho when someone is at a light looks over at you and revs there pos at you and u just purge and they look away

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GEISTER said:
what kit do you have. i started with a 75 shot on my 5.0 and did a few street pulls to dial it in, went to the track, made one pass and put the 100 shot jets in and never used the 75 again. ill be using a 100 shot

·
Registered
591 Posts
I spray my air/air cooler for my Vortech, with nitrous to chill it at WOT. MAde about 60 hp on the dyno.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm running a nx wet kit with a shark fin. I got the upgraded solenoids and purge valve

·
Registered
12 Posts
a shark fin is like a Y that delivers the nitrous and fuel into the intake. alot of guys run the new plate system but we cant because of our intake style. it makes nitrous kits kind of universal because all you do is drill a hole in the intake and thread it in

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
GEISTER said:
a shark fin is like a Y that delivers the nitrous and fuel into the intake. alot of guys run the new plate system but we cant because of our intake style. it makes nitrous kits kind of universal because all you do is drill a hole in the intake and thread it in
i never heard it called a shark fin befor... i know what your talkin about tho. i have found a spray plate for 96-98 cobras.... only problem is its for a twin tb and i now have an single blade

1 - 20 of 29 Posts