Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
I'd say Tom Cruise, Jon Voight, and Nicole Kidman (which would NEVER happen now that she and Cruise are divorced!!) That's just off the top of my head. Let me see if I can come up with anything better.
Cam

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Nah, Tom Cruise is ALL Hollywood. The neat thing about McQueen was that he was anti-Hollywood. Grew up tough and as an adult was a real wildman.
I can't think of a single actor who plays the "everyman toughguy" on screen and in real life today like McQueen.
Maybe Mark Wahlberg or George Clooney would be best.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Get the best action movie guy around, Bruce Willis and give Frank some character this time around. Charlize Theron for Bissett (no British accent, but very sexy!). Bring back Robert Duvall for a cool touch and replace Robert Vaughn with someone like Ed Norton.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Give it to Mel Gibson and Salma Hayek. Didn't McQueen do his own stunts like Gibson does too?

And Salma, well... she needs to ride in a Bullitt soon!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Comedy version
How bout Drew Carey(McQueen), Ellen Degeneris(Bisette),Jack Black and Adam Sandler(hitmen),Chevy Chase(Vaughn).

But seriously why not have Harrison Ford play Frank Bullitt.

·
Registered
437 Posts
IMHO, I would not like to see a sequel made. If you think about it, who else could play Frank Bullitt other than McQueen? Also, sequels only end up messing up the original.

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
McQueen = Chad McQueen (out of respect)
Vaughn = John Cusack (although Vaughn is still around as a second choice)
Bissette = Kate Hudson (time to go with a blonde maybe)

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, but they could use the car!

Besides, they make sequels out of everthing these days; Gone in 60 seconds (awesome), Planet of the Apes (awesome), Ocean's Eleven (awesome!!), etc.

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
I like Spacey as Vaughn's charactrer Karl!!! Bruce Willis would work for me as McQueen. Bissett is going to be tough with so many choices out there. Duvall as the taxi driver again would be great!!
Cam

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Steve McQueen - Michael Biehn (Reese in Terminator, Hicks in Aliens) ??

Jacqueline Bissett - Elizabeth Hurley. I have no doubt!

·
Premium Member
18,850 Posts
Yeah! That's a great combo!

·
Registered
825 Posts
I SEE VAL KILMER OR MICHAEL BEIHN AS BULLITT'S SON, NOT A REMAKE, BUT AN EXTENSION. BISSET AS HIS MOM. KIDMAN WOULD MAKE A GOOD GIRLFRIEND. HE WRECKS HIS 2001 MUSTANG EARLY IN THE MOVIE AND HAS TO USE HIS DAD'S 68 FASTBACK FOR THE FINAL CHASE.
HAVE WARNER BROS. GIVE ME A CALL FOR FOR THE FULL PLOT.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
george clooney as frank, in place of bissett
lucy lu, and maybe ( i dont know his name) the bad cop from l.a. confidential and the guy that discovered warp drive in star trek movie... or maybe sam waterson from law and order? leave duvall as the cab driver but who replace simon oakland as bullitts boss?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Why not Robert de Niro or the english double, that was used for the PUMA commercial. He looked exactly like Steve. And then again, they can digitze the old one and just make it better (with an extended chase scene, nothing else).
Wolfgang

1 - 20 of 54 Posts