Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the next couple of weeks I'll be installing H&R sport springs, smoked headlights, and my new '01 Cobra bumper. Think I'll need CC plates with the springs? I'm just going with the "sport springs" which lower it 1.75" from a stock GT, so not much lower than a stock Bullitt.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
blackonblacksls said:
sounds good. i really want a cobra front bumper.
i've got one already painted i'm holding on to for a serious buyer.....

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
TheCat033 said:
i've got one already painted i'm holding on to for a serious buyer.....
I'm serious. I'm also broke. :lol:

itsabullitt said:
In the next couple of weeks I'll be installing H&R sport springs, smoked headlights, and my new '01 Cobra bumper. Think I'll need CC plates with the springs? I'm just going with the "sport springs" which lower it 1.75" from a stock GT, so not much lower than a stock Bullitt.
I thought the Sports dropped a GT around 1.5"??? Think about using stock spring isolators if you stay with the Sports. If you use thick urethane isolators it might not drop to your liking. I have the Supersports with urethane and it didn't drop as much as I thought going in.

CC plates are hit or miss. You can try without them. It will probably work but no guarantees. You can always add camber bolts easily.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Sounds good.As for C&C plates.It is recommended to have C&C plates when you go lower then 1.5"

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Bullitt 736 said:
I'm serious. I'm also broke. :lol:
arent' we all, thats the thing though, no ones willing to pay to play the damn thing is discountinued from ford and is painted and ready to throw on the car, you should of seen the lowballs i was getting......sorry about the hijack, lol

·
Registered
543 Posts
You still haven't sold it Cat?? Jebus...

I have the H & R Sports with no C/C plates...yet. Waiting for them to settle more, but it already looks as if I'll need them.

(..and I'll have my 99/01 Cobra front on soon, as well..)

·
Registered
543 Posts
..quick pic.. for reference..

Immediately after install, the front was dropped 1/2". The rear stayed the same. I need to remeasure, though.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Bullitt 736 said:
I thought the Sports dropped a GT around 1.5"??? Think about using stock spring isolators if you stay with the Sports. If you use thick urethane isolators it might not drop to your liking. I have the Supersports with urethane and it didn't drop as much as I thought going in.

CC plates are hit or miss. You can try without them. It will probably work but no guarantees. You can always add camber bolts easily.
According to American Muscle they drop a coupe 1.75". I just need new springs and really don't want to lower the car any more than stock. Bullitt's look great slammed to the ground but here in Wichita we have too many speedbumps and crappy roads that are just waiting to eat my mudflaps.

Are the Ford Racing Springs the same as what comes stock on the Bullitts? They're cheaper than the H&R's by almost $100.00, but want to make sure I keep close to the stock ride height. I was set on the H&R's, but if the Ford Racing springs are the stock Bullitt springs I'll go that route.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/forac.html

Edit: The H&R's I was looking at were the Super Sports. Just noticed that when looking for the Ford Racing Springs.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Graves, I thought you went with the Race springs??????

My H&R Sports just arrived yesterday. Won't have time to install them until next week though. I'm pretty sure that the Sports drop 1.6 front and 1.5 rear on a regular GT, so roughly .8 front and .75 rear on a Bullitt.

As for C/C plates, I'm not going to run any. I've got an alignment guy who has been able to get Super Sports on a Cobra to within .5 of perfect without plates. I know that each car is different though, so I won't know for sure until we get it on the rack.

·
Registered
543 Posts
VCal-Bullitt2567 said:
Graves,

What kind of wheels are those? Where did you get them? Those are sick.

Thanks!

They are CCW Classics in the full polished finish. I bought them from a guy a couple hours North of me who wanted the same wheels, but with the black anodized finish for his RedFire Cobra.

4Fit, I did get the Race's..

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
4fit? said:
Graves, I thought you went with the Race springs??????

My H&R Sports just arrived yesterday. Won't have time to install them until next week though. I'm pretty sure that the Sports drop 1.6 front and 1.5 rear on a regular GT, so roughly .8 front and .75 rear on a Bullitt.

As for C/C plates, I'm not going to run any. I've got an alignment guy who has been able to get Super Sports on a Cobra to within .5 of perfect without plates. I know that each car is different though, so I won't know for sure until we get it on the rack.
At worst I would bet you could use camber bolts in lieu of having to go back and install CC plates unless you need to play with the caster.

·
Charles
13,303 Posts
itsabullitt said:
According to American Muscle they drop a coupe 1.75". I just need new springs and really don't want to lower the car any more than stock. Bullitt's look great slammed to the ground but here in Wichita we have too many speedbumps and crappy roads that are just waiting to eat my mudflaps.

Are the Ford Racing Springs the same as what comes stock on the Bullitts? They're cheaper than the H&R's by almost $100.00, but want to make sure I keep close to the stock ride height. I was set on the H&R's, but if the Ford Racing springs are the stock Bullitt springs I'll go that route.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/forac.html

Edit: The H&R's I was looking at were the Super Sports. Just noticed that when looking for the Ford Racing Springs.
Here is some spring information

http://www.stangsuspension.com/store/springratesarticle.asp

Here are their FRPP springs. The drops are listed here.

http://www.stangsuspension.com/store/comersus_listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=93

Don't forget that the type of isolator used effects the amount of drop.

These guys have great service and prices. Corral and Stangnet members get 5% discount too.

Good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts