Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the paint in one spot came off in my hand while washing it, my concern for the paint was on my list of 8 items that I had issues with for the dealership. I dropped it off 9 days ago, hopefully I'll get it back tomorrow. The hold-up...they're repainting my whole roof due to fallout under the paint.
I'm sure this wasn't the first car Ford has ever painted, they've doen this a few times before, what's the problem? This is inexcusable. It's just gross that they would sell a car with less power than most SUV's or a 300m for god's sake as a special edition, then people have this many problems with them. It's disgusting.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Yikes! :eek:

I probably would have had a cow if paint came off in my hand! Hope they fix it right for you.

Brian

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, the dealer said my car was done Friday. When I looked at it, I wanted to cry.

Over 20 dust spots in the roof paint and the door had a large dull area where they had never rubbed the paint out.
You'd think a body shop would know how to work with things like, ummm, paint!

My HP figure on the 300m come directly from DCX, moto trend, road & rack, and every other automotive rag.

·
Registered
31 Posts
YOUR NOT ALONE ON THIS ONE. I TOOK #1721 IN TO GET REPAINTED LAST WEEK DUE TO ACID RAIN UNDER THE CLEAR COAT. TOOK BACK TO MY DEALER AND IT WAS COVERED UNDER WARRANTY. WHEN I WENT BACK YESTERDAY TO PICK IT UP..THERE WAS DUST SPOTS UNDER THE CLEAR COAT NOW. NOW THEY ARE REDOING IT AGAIN. I LOVE THE CAR BUT ITS BEEN AT THE DEALER 4 TIMES ALREADY. THEY HAVE HAD IT MORE THEN ME! AAAGGGGG

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually picked it up last week. Only 2 spots remain in the paint, and they popped the plastic clip that holds the front of the side skirts on in front, so that's on order.

So, she's home for now, and will be back in the paint shop again soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts