Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went today and got the windows tinted on #161. And might I be the first to say....IT IS SWEET!!!!! :smile: I will have pics posted in the next few days.

·
Registered
252 Posts
It is such a SIMPLE add-on but it makes ALL the difference!! I got mine tinted to 5% the week after I got it and I LOVE it!!!!

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey lok....how did ya get a pic of my car on that screen?..:smile::) lol i love the dark windows..noone can see in. i have 5 all around it to include a piece on the windshield.......great looking ride lok N lod

·
Registered
252 Posts
1Nasty....I never really thought about it before but I guess the fact that people can't see the maniacal grin on my face through the tint is a GOOD thing!! Although I probably wouldn't have as many people in my way if they COULD see it!!

Black Sunshine....I see you put 2 chamber flows on your car. Are you referring to the stockers or did you actually change the muffler? Secondly, if you did change the muffler did you happen to start the car with no muffler on it in the process? I just took the mufflers off my Bullitt and it sounds mean as hell. Just ask Blakwing. If there is any interest in it from the rest of the crew here I could record a .WAV and post it. Maybe a start, a couple revs and a quick take off. Just need someone to host it.
OH....and as far as the pix...check out the thread entitled "where are you hosted" that is where I got the info on the pix! Or were you just foolin on how I got pix of YOUR car?!?! LOL :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lok N Lod on 2001-06-13 10:55 ]</font>

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol....i was just foolin about the pix...i'm working on a web page with the pics of mine. i also have some extra space for anyone else who needs space. Exaust: i just cut out the stock ones and welded in the flows. so how DOES your car sound. I'd be real interested in hearing it.........

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Lok's car sounds mean as all hell. It's actually not much louder than mine at idle but when he gets on it that car absolutely screams.. I got to hear it under full throttle at an impromptu stoplight altercation as we cruised over to Blue Top drive in.. It sounds awesome.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Details....you want DETAILS....LOL. OK. Well with two completely evenly matched cars it did come down to driver skill. I got a bad jump off the line and Blakwing showed me his taillights. Actually it wasn't a TERRIBLE spanking. But it showed me I needed to work off the line a bit!! Congrats Blakwing!!!

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
Ah now see.. I wasn't going to go there. :smile:
I was fully expecting Lok to crucify me, he's got the Exhaust, the Air silencer mod and the Tri-Ax Short throw (mine's on order next week) so I was a bit antsy. I got a really good launch and before I knew it I was ahead. We backed off before attracting the local law enforcement (41 is a main drag and the Cops know it). It was fun but with a better launch I'm sure it would've been a differnt story.. It was fun though! :smile: We'll have to do it again sometime.. we'll just need to find some other victims to terrorize instead.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Well no matter how you say it....you still won. Stoplight to stoplight is what matters to the pavement pounders!! LOL Anyway, today I get my little "oops" fixed in my car, next week I get my 2 12" Bostons installed and then the week after that I think I am gonna show my intake (off the car) to the fine honing folk I know over at Van Senus. I might be the first to do this little mod. Since there is already a good set of base numbers out for the Bullitt though I won't have it dynoed til after the change. Anybody have any idea what "baffles and restrictions" I should expect when I lift that intake off?

·
Registered
264 Posts
With the window tinting.....

Are you guys using a metalic type film or just a regular film.

I have to get mine done next week and was just wondering. They offer 2 types up here. One has a lifetime warranty on everything, so I think that may be a better deal in the long run.

Any ideas?

Paul G.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
"hmmm, how can i get in on this?" he said to himself.............

ok guys, Vegas books show Blakwing to be an 8 to 5 favorite in the "REMATCH"
just send your bets to me................
(kidding)

·
Premium Member
1,271 Posts
I wanna hear those Bostons after you get them installed!.. Are you getting a seperate box installed in your trunk for them? Or are you modding the current box in the Decklid to make them fit there?

·
Registered
252 Posts
OH WOW....just to think of those Boston pro's in the rear deck makes me shudder. First of all there would be NO room left for the Mach 460 speakers and second I am not sure the fiber board rear deck could support even part of the weight. Remember that I have 2 of these....12 inches of thump a piece and I would have to estimate that these weigh 8 to 12 lbs a piece....if not more. I have to have the box custom built actually inside and into the car. These subs require only 1 cubic foot of internal box space but that is still too large to build outside the car and slide into the negligable trunk opening or through the fold down seats. The only way I will be able to get this box out is to remove all the components and physically break the box. Doesn't bother me though....makes it tougher for a potential theif. I can't WAIT to get them in though....I really miss the thump and the satisfaction of not being able to see out of my rear view cause of the vibration.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts