Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are most of you keeping them stock in order to preserve them,or How many have added Aftermarket Exhaust and such? I heard a Bullitt on MWorld with a O/R H pipe and the thing sounded very p*ssed off.!!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I,m going to keep mine pretty much stock. Maybe an O/R H PIPE,DR'S and a bad attidude

87 GT (with some mods)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: R BULLITT #1203 on 2001-12-20 20:15 ]</font>

·
Registered
10,357 Posts
Posted: 2001-12-15 17:41
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
okok here it is................

2.alu ds
3.o/r x-pipe
4.2 ch flows w/turndowns
5.timing adjuster @15deg
6.mag. flywheel
7.stage 3 heads
8.south side machine upper and lower ca's
9.nitto drag radials
10.removed front swaybar
11.eibach 2' drop
12.100mm densecharger
13.maf rotated 90deg

soon to come.....ex-hone intake, stage 2 cams ( allready have just too lazy to install ), densecharger ( will be here monday ), 42lb injectors, reprogramed maf, dyno burned chip. then will have dyno numbers for yall........

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: black sunshine #161 on 2001-12-20 20:43 ]</font>

·
Registered
378 Posts
I wasnt going to do anything to the car but since FoMoCo let me down on the hp, I have to do something. So far the Bullitt has been upgraded by the way of Bassani x-pipe w/cats, Densecharger and NGK plugs. Planning on more later...

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
I like factory stock, but that's just me.

I may have a rear set of drag radials installed or have a set of simple black steel wheels fitted with drag slicks that
I can pop on at the strip when I race.

I do have one mod on the car that really
gives me the edge. It's described in my
signature. See below. :lol:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Dennis,

You won't do many more mods? Keep telling yourself that, Brother. :grin: Do what I did and admit that you have a problem. That way you can keep on moddin' with no guilt. BTW, I just ordered a Mac 3" catback w/Flowpaths. Can't wait to hear them.

Brad

1,169 Posts
Here's what i've done so far http://www.bullittclub.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=4903&forum=2&9

Plus a Line Loc, and i have not got to the power adders yet.

(Best ET to date 13.73 my Bullitt is stock other then Nitto DR's)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BULLITT #1042 (Ray Ackerman) on 2001-12-20 21:39 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hi Brad,
The FlowPaths are AWESOME! GREAT SOUND! Drone at 2k, but easily avoided, especially on the highway in our cars with the 3.73's. You'll love it! I wonder how much of a difference the 3" will be for you. I welded my FlowPaths into the stock catback. Let me know what you think. Merry Christmas.
(at 0500 the wife and I are off in the Bullitt for Los Angeles for the holidays...looking forward to the drive!)
As for having a problem...just ask my wife and friends...they all think I'm nuts. I pulled into work the other night and the paramedic heard the new exhaust...just shook his head.
Black#5578
SteedaTri-Ax,DensChrgr100mm,MAC 2-cat"H"& FlowPath mufflers,FordRcng3.73's & Alum.Drvshft,30mm H&R spacers rear whls,AutoLogic chip,MGW stuff & Haney ring

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dennis on 2001-12-20 21:42 ]</font>

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
I am going with the 3.73 gears,installing now,aluminum driveshaft and the O/R H-pipe. That's about all it needs,just a bit of tweeking!

1,169 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-12-20 21:45, Mus408 wrote:
I am going with the 3.73 gears,installing now,aluminum driveshaft and the O/R H-pipe. That's about all it needs,just a bit of tweeking!
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree!! That's all i'm doing is a little "TWEEKING".... :-B

·
Registered
153 Posts
Now that i have started i think it's going to be hard to stop.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Well I had over $40,000 in my Cobra that I sold to get my bullitt & got $23,000 for it with 16,000 mi & 2 magazine features so thats one reason Im not gona do a lot to my Bullitt its lost money if you sell it
But the Race Stripes go on New Years eve at lunch & Im gona lower it more & work on the stero some & maybe but some Baer Rotors

·
Registered
762 Posts
I'm sorta modified, here's my list so far:
Engine: None yet, but Paul S. promises to deliver spring 2002
Induction: Densecharger
Exhaust: BBK long tube headers and off road H-pipe, Steeda cat-back
Suspension: Eibach Sportline springs, Tokico 5-way adjustables, Steeda rear upper/lower control arms, Steeda caster camber plates
Driveline: Ford Racing aluminium driveshaft, 3.73:1 gears, Steeda Tri-ax, vibration damper removed
Brakes: Maximum Motorsports stainless steel brake lines (Baer rotors on the way), Hawk HPS pads
Chassis: Steeda subframe connectors, (Kenny Brown rear shock tower brace and strut tower brace on order)
Electronics: Superchip from Paul's High performance
Tires: Nitto 555 Extreme radials up front and drag radials out back on stock wheels for street and BF Goodrich Competition R1A's on Y2K Cobra R wheels for autocross
Appearance: FR-500 steering wheel, MGW and UPR interior bits and gas cap mod, grill mod, and Roush tool kit in the trunk.

I think that's it...stay tuned
Arthur

Last dyno on a dynojet chassis dyno and before Densecharger, PHP chip, and Steeda cat-back 260hp/295tq at the wheels with slight miss on #1 cylinder.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: roushraven99 on 2001-12-21 10:38 ]</font>

·
Registered
448 Posts
Not a lot yet, but it is addicting!! :grin: Next up, Steeda underdrive pulleys, and 30mm wheel spacers.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
after being on this site for MANY hours and reading and listening to all of you.
my gut instinct is that about 60% to 70% of you are at least doing some small mods.
mine
K & N Filter
MGW bits and pieces
FRPP Alum. Driveshaft
Tri-Ax Shifter
Power Slot front rotors

PLANNED:
100mm Denscharger
Steeda Crank Pulley
PHP chip

maybe:
Screamin' Demon Coil packs
with better plug wires and better plugs

wish list:
extrude-hone of complete intake

2001 Bullitt DHG #648
Ford Racing Alum. Driveshaft
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter, K & N Filter,
MGW LTD-All custom Satin Bullitt Bits & Pieces

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-12-21 09:55 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mystang99 on 2001-12-21 14:37 ]</font>

1 - 18 of 18 Posts