Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife told me today after not cruising around for 3 days in the Bullitt, how much she missed riding around in it. I was a little suprised because she's a 40 something female who is supposed to be "uncomfortabe" in this car according to a lot of critics and reviews. She says she "loves the way the sportbucket fits her, loves the hood scoop, dashboard, and especially that great exhaust sound. This really made me feel good. I was afraid she wasn't comfy. We would ride for hours sometime. Hey, the way I look at it, I found another reason why I love my Bullitt!!! No wonder I never get yelled at when I drive it like a race car. I take it back, one day a Nisson Maxima really p*ssed me off on an on ramp, and I destroyed him on the freeway weaving in and out of traffic like Jeff Burton (Ford NASCAR) leaving this kid and his ricer in the dust. I scared the crap out of her, and she wouldn't talk to me for a while, but it was worth it to me. God I love this car!!!!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
My girlfriend loves my car and loves to ride in it. I even get older, uppity type people staring and pointing at it. There seems to be something about the car that just strikes a cord with americans....maybe it reminds us of how things used to be and gives us hope as to how they could be again. We can start by ridding the world of all the terrorists....

·
Registered
451 Posts
I think mine likes it, but is afraid to admit it! She might be afraid I'd want us to start sleeping there if I knew she liked it!

:smile:

Joe

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
My girlfriend (to be fiancee in a few days, but don't tell her that!) loves it. She doesn't like it when I'm goin fast or when she looks out the side window to see straight ahead, but she loves how loud it is and how the seats gracefully embrace her as I'm merging on the freeway. :grin:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Riding? My wife loves driving my Bullitt!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I took my freind down to the local liquor store to get us a case of brew one afternoon. A couple of girls in the parking lot looked at us as we were getting out and one said "Nice car". I said thanks and went in - who needs girls anyway :smile: .
As we were coming out, another carload of young girls (young to me, anyway) drove up and a couple of them said something to us about how cool the Bullitt was. One even asked for a ride (yea right). I told her that I could take her for a ride, but my if my wife found out about it she would hunt her down and kick her ass.

Anyway, after we got back on the road, my freind kindoff half mumbled "Man, I gotta get me one of these cars!"

Makes it worth every dime, cats!

·
Registered
85 Posts
yes, I love riding in the Bullitt, in fact a certain significant other might not have the opportunity to let me ride along if I hadn't kept encouraging him to buy one in the first place. I'm looking forward to years of fun in the Bullitt

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,024 Posts
Hi there bullittchick! Looks like another lady Bullitthead! Post your guy's Bullitt ID# so we can put it on the list. And go to Edit Profile and put in where you're from too! Ahem, everyone listening out there? :smile:

·
Registered
393 Posts
my girlfriend owns this Bullitt and daily drives it.

I'm just the track pilot and weekend commando :grin:

·
Premium Member
12,773 Posts
Catsmasher, I'll be more than happy to take the pressure from you and take all those young ladies for a ride...in my Bullitt.
Hmmm... Georgia...Indiana...how long would that take me? Still would be worth it.
Would your Mrs's pay my expenses to keep you out of trouble?

·
Registered
83 Posts
One Sunday while cruising with my wife on the outskirts of Phoenix, my wife said "hey, I know what...why don't you let me drive the Bullitt!?" (HUH!!?? :sad: ) So, I reluctantly pulled in an entrance to a mobile home park and got into the passenger seat. She got in and said "what do I do first?" (Uh Oh!) I said to put in the clutch and put it in first. She lugs the motor and stalls. Restarts the motor, lugs the engine and gets out onto the road. She then asks "what speed are you supposed to shift into 2nd gear?" I said it depends on how fast you want to accelerate. She shifts at about 20MPH and leaves the gas on. The things tachs up to about 4000! At 30MPh she goes for 3rd and is not accelerating. I said you might as well take 4th since your not trying to go any faster. She cannot find 4th! I try to get it with my left hand but I cannot "feel" it with the wrong hand. We had went about a 1/4 mile when I said...PULL OVER THAT's IT! I thought she had owned a stick before. She said she "drove one for a week once" before she knew me. We have been together for 11 years! She was kinda p*ssed but I said she needs to rent some piece of sh*t Geo Metro or something for a weekend if she really wants to "relearn". My baby Bullitt is to fine to need a new clutch or worse yet a new tranny. I told her now she can tell people she has "officially" driven the Bullitt. Besides...she now has my 1999 fully loaded 4Runner SR5 for herself. :smile: She is content to just be a passenger since she has not given me any grief about it since.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Guess I'm lucky, my wife drove a 5 speed Mazda for years before we got married. She really likes the Bullitt's power between the stoplights. Luckily her Explorer Sport Trac keeps her out of my driver's seat most of the time.

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
bullittchick...welcome...love that name...
your guy is very lucky to have someone like you to actually encourage him to get a bullitt .... I hope he realizes just how lucky he is.... keep on bullittin

·
Registered
448 Posts
I taught my wife to drive a manual on our honeymoon! Now she shifts as good as I do! She loves the Bullitt, as do my kids, and my mom hates it, that's when I knew I bought the right car. :smile:

:bullitt:

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,024 Posts
Thanks His bullittchick! And ROFLOL MOLJAY! :lol: :lol:

Hey! Wait a minute HisBullittchick! Is your old man texasbullitt because that is his Bullitt number!?? :???:

Vicki

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TwoStangWmn on 2001-10-18 16:45 ]</font>

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
My wife liked driving our Green Bullitt so much I had to go out and get one so I could drive it!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'd let my wife drive DHG 294 if it didn't take 3 days to get the seat just right again. I'd pay good money for a memory button on the driver's seat.

Regards,
Dfresh

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
woof woof...... a hero is not some kind of strange new york sandwich.... oddball(donald sutherland) in kelly's heros....
go mariners... go yankee's aghhhhh I get so confused.......

1 - 20 of 23 Posts