Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well why? It seems to help me in the rain. #929 might be alive today if her TC had been on?

·
Registered
116 Posts
TC is graet on slippery/wet conditions. But, It automatically gets shut down otherwise. If the back end starts to slip, I'll let off the gas. I feel much more comfortable when the car is doing what my foot is telling it to. I think it almost creates a bit of disorientation for the driver, since you are not expecting it to cut out when it does...

Joe Schwartz
DHG #00238

·
Registered
568 Posts
For the most part, I consider traction control to be a plus for most drivers, but not me. Having owned & driven lots of V8/RWD cars, I'm familiar with their characteristics & I don't like a computer program adjusting revs & braking because then I'm not really in control. This is a muscle car, not a mini-van. But I like Fords compromise; I can turn it off whenever I want to.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I like the traction control. I haven't seen it kick in yet and the only time I'd want it off is when I'm intentionally trying to fry the tires or get loose. If I'd had traction control on my 88GT, it would still be with me. Like 1796 said, 929 might not be going through major surgery and expense if the traction control was on.

·
Registered
292 Posts
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
On 2001-09-07 11:55, hblattel wrote:
I like the traction control. I haven't seen it kick in yet...
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
Then you haven't been driving right!

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE>
...and the only time I'd want it off is when I'm intentionally trying to fry the tires or get loose. If I'd had traction control on my 88GT, it would still be with me. Like 1796 said, 929 might not be going through major surgery and expense if the traction control was on.
</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>
I basically agree. Since it defaults on, I tend to leave it on unless I want to make something happen. Or showoff. (-:

One of these days I really gotta go back and figure out how to use the cool smiley graphics...

·
Registered
147 Posts
I see that little green TC indicator on a regular basis if I don't turn it off. :smile: I've been driving V8 Mustangs for years, so I don't necessarily need it, but driving on a daily basis I just don't think to turn it off.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I think traction control may be the only thing that is going to make my tires last more than 6000 miles. It is just to tempting to get on it. I love the rush of acceleration!!!

Eric

·
Registered
466 Posts
As to why Ford chose to have it on all the time and us have to turn it off; blame the lawyers. I can assure you this is a product liability issue. Some idiot totals his Mustang in the rain, finds a lawyer and sues Ford because "why should I have to REMEMBER to turn it on?" I say were lucky even being able to turn it off. At least it gives Ford the out that "the owner has to turn if OFF himself so it's not our fault".

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'm just happy that Ford decided to use some technology that will help the car under poor weather conditions. I know it can be a pain, but, the TC is set up to let you spin the tires a little. Imagine if it was a typical TC that had NO OFF button and would come on at the hint of traction loss. I don't mind these litle things. I would mind having some Yaw control for these cars. That would really help.

·
Premium Member
5,360 Posts
it's great for poor weather!
it sucks in dry weather when i take a sweeping curb just fast enough to just induce a little controlable rear wheel drift and then.....RRRRRRRR....shut down.
i keep forgeting to turn it off!!!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have mixed feelings of the TC. I forget its on as well until I fly around a corner, or accelerate hard and hit a bump, and then WHAM, my whole body gusts forward due to the the wonderful TC, and then WHAM the other way as TC is off again and I have full power. It is very annoying when this happens, but I know one day it will save me on some slippery road where hydroplaning is a problem, or even black ice. When I do remember about TC, I do turn it off to allow my car to get the natural ride. WEEEEEEEEEEE.

DHG #1785
Stock

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: runningforyou on 2001-09-07 17:05 ]</font>

·
Registered
360 Posts
I view TC the way I viewed ABS the first time I used 'em-annoying until you get used to it. I only turn TC off when I want to have a little fun. Since I do drive my car daily (at least in warm months) I'm glad to have a little extra insurance. For those of us with a lead foot it can make a difference sometimes,like on wet roads or unexpected gravel.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts