Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
This truly is a great site. Lots of examples why, the most recent and dramatic in my eyes is the donatioon fund for Trevor's car damage incurred while trying to rescue kevin's Bullitt.
This site and it's members are one of the major reasons why after being a lifetime Chevy fanatic I chose to buy a Ford product (of course the fact that the Bullitt is a great car had something to do with it too..). Believe me when I say that people around here who know me gave me some good natured ribbing for a while. It all stopped when I got #0005 home from Alabama though. That ribbing turned to envious drool...
Think about this-This site is very active, lots of posts, and not just banter. Good informational posts and fun ones too. Knowing how few of our cars were made it's amazing that the number of cars in existance can support such a thriving board. The only thing that's missing from this board (and I'm glad about this) is the idiotic "my car is better than yours" found on so many other automotive theme boards on the net....That's my $.02
...John R :cool:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Axemanj3 said:
your car is alot faster....... all bullitts are bullitts :D :cool:
I hope it didn't sound like I just did what I said I'm glad doesn't go on here...

The only thing that's missing from this board (and I'm glad about this) is the idiotic "my car is better than yours" found on so many other automotive theme boards on the net.
That def. wasn't my intent. I edited to clarify..

There are some insanely fast cars on this board...I will get #0005 to N.E. Dragway at some point to find out what she'll do but one thing for sure is that she is capable of a better time than her driver is. My inability to keep my foot out of the throttle in 1st and 2nd gears will probably limit the car to a high 12. I had the same problem with my nitrous aided '71 Z-28. I think if someone who knew how to drive went the car would be capable of a low 12. Who knows, maybe I'll surprise myself......J.R.
:cool:

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nope, not at all, i was being sarcastic! :D i enjoyed reading your story about getting your ride.

the only mine is better than yours... comes from the what color car do you have! :D real bullitts are green crowd (5111 who really wanted a blue car!) :D

·
Registered
270 Posts
that picture with all the bullitts and mach 1s has to be one of the coolest pictures i have seen in a while. I like how much the machs all stand out and then how subtle all the bullitts are. Thats pretty neat

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
the only mine is better than yours... comes from the what color car do you have! real bullitts are green crowd (5111 who really wanted a blue car!)
Now that is funny-I've read some posts in the past where people are flaming each-others choice in color-those are funny..:lol: I have never seen a T.B. one in person, I know I like the black & dhg ones a lot. If I had the cash I would have bought black 4405's car....sigh :cry:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
hockeyplayerhere said:
that picture with all the bullitts and mach 1s has to be one of the coolest pictures i have seen in a while. I like how much the machs all stand out and then how subtle all the bullitts are. Thats pretty neat
That's an awesome picture and the one where all the Bullitt's are lined up along the rock wall on the road is really cool too. I've gotta get to an event....John R

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
MaineBullitt said:
I've gotta get to an event....John R
Damn straight.

Especially after everything that you guys have done for me and my family.

I's gots some hands to shake.

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
Jimmy Ray said:
Every event is a family reunion!!!!!
Absolutely! It's like old home week! :smile:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,819 Posts
BTW, cool pics, Tim!