Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
7,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is always a 18 wheeler,in front of me,leaking or spraying some kind of liquid,usually oil, all over the windshield and front end of Bullitt?? This has happened twice already....Glad I had that Teflon based protective finish put on at the dealer. That stuff works really well,preventing stuff like that from doing any harm,has a good gloss to it as well.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I second that.

Ever since Harri sCounty Toll Roas Authority sold EZ Tags to every local delivery and garbage truck around, I get to practice my slaloms avoiding these slugs in the hammer lane. A lot of them have the automatic purge on their air systems that sprays a water/oil emulsion from the comppressor.Worst though are the rubber neckers looking at nothing. This afternoon 3 lanes slowed to a crawl to look at 2 rolls of tar paper in the outside breakdown lane. I could understand if they had been in the lanes of travel, but the breakdown lane. Gimme a break!!! :roll:

·
Registered
216 Posts
TXBULLITT,

What did the dealer charge you for this Teflon based protective finish and how long did you have to leave your Bullitt with them?

BULLITT3946

·
Registered
835 Posts
I paid $784 for the Ford 400 series alarm, window tint, and the teflon paint sealer. Price-wise that's not such a bad deal. The tint shops charge about $120 for that work, extra sometimes for large rear windows like we have. The alarm system in my old F250 was over $700 in 1995, but that truck didn't have the digital key like the newer ones, so I invested in a super system.

I took the car to the dealer in the morning and picked it up after work. I believe the actual work was about an hour for the alarm and 1 1/2 hours for the paint sealer.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TXBullitt on 2001-11-07 20:33 ]</font>

·
Registered
835 Posts
You sure that wasn't you snuff, Bob? :wink:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TXBullitt on 2001-11-07 20:34 ]</font>

·
Registered
16 Posts
When I had my Ford 400 series alarm installed, the shop that they used left the receipt in the car. That alarm only cost the dealer $201, I ended up paying about $275.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts