Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I emailed the seller of the Bullitt interior and tires on eBay and asked why the car is being scrapped. This is his reply:

"We are owned by Ford Motor Company, we got the car after it sat in a holding pen before going to the dealer, it was in the Houston flood, the water was just inside the floorboards, so it was unaaceptable for the dealership to take, since we are owned by Ford they send cars like that to us for dismantle, and we sell the parts as well as all other makes and models, the other Mustangs were 2 Cobras, 1 GT, and one Base model, as well as the Bullitt, does that help you understand how we aquired it"

SADDDDDD :cry:

·
Registered
822 Posts
On the bright side..although it is sad. The more Bullitts that are abadoned, wrecked or ruined. The few bullitts left out there and thus the value of our cars continues to go up. By the time I am 50 (25 more years) I would like to see only about 1500 bullitts left. That is a doomsayers atitude, but it is realistic.

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Yeah, they had that or another Bullitt interior on Ebay about a month ago. They get that kinda stuff. Kinda baffled me too, until I saw Greenleaf on the bottom of the page.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 01GTB on 2001-10-23 12:14 ]</font>

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also asked him what the cars Limited Edition number was, but he did not reply to that. If somebody can find out, we could have a forum: "Bullitt Cemetery" or "RIP" and list the ones that we know haved passed on. I believe I saw a post somewhere about one being lost due to a fire. The more in the cemetery, the more ours are worth.

·
Banned
975 Posts
Excellant Idea. By Color if possible ?. If they finally release the break down of each color i.e. Ford Motor Company. The last word that I had was 11% True Blue, 17% Black and the remainder DHG.
:bullitt:

·
Registered
260 Posts
poor car

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
We must put them at rest with full honors. How about an appropriate page that shows birth date, RIP date and cause of passing.

Jut thought...

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Coroners report states that #2204 drowned. As young as she was, she still had the insight to donate her organs. Parts of her will live on.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'm glad I took delivery of 738 immediately prior to the flood. He was safe and sound in my garage that night, although admittedly having been driven in the rain that afternoon to pick up my daughters in it the 1st time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts