Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Best Bullitt at nationals 05,10and 2013
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We had a member join the club with DHG 767. We checked our info and the DHG 767 matches, so we changed the name of the owner. I was working on the database and emailing owners, when I got lucky with Owner 767..Who said they still own the car. That started about a three hour process, and I was able to find he guy that joined with 767 was a prev owner of 737 after he sent me the last 6 digits of the vin.<O:p></O:p>
I want to thank Jericos' Bullitt for sending me a pic of the decal and the vin. This really helped.
Also the prev owner for sending me the vin.<O:p></O:p>
<O:p></O:p>
If you send me a VIN and want it to be private, I will keep it that way until you don’t own the car. The pic of the decal in a close up ( macro mode) works well. I have 600 plus photo’s of decals. <O:p></O:p>
Vicki will tell you how hard the registry is.<O:p></O:p>
My email is [email protected] If you send me a email..put bullitt and # in the title please.

so here are a couple of 767.
I am also doing one for the 08's
Dennis

Attachments

·
Best Bullitt at nationals 05,10and 2013
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bullitt #'s

I also contacted a owner on craigslist today. The decal was wore, but he said the car was a one owner car from Calf. Said it was DHG 365. I know Steve has 365 in Florida. Have a photo of the decal. It turns out to be in the 900 group.
The 08 have really helped, but what happenes to the wrecked ones and sometake the strut tower brace. At least the Vin's won't match
Dennis

·
BEST BULLITT Nats 06
13,024 Posts
Yes, the data base and Registry is very hard to upkeep. There are discrepencies in numbers like you wouldn't believe. :shock: People read their hologram stickers incorrectly or even take their Bullitt ID#s from their VINs!

So that is one reason that Dennis likes/needs VIN#s and pics of the stickers for proof in case someone comes along and registers saying they have that same number that someone else has claimed with their sticker. It is very time consuming and sometimes we have to put our heads together to figure out who has what and e-mailing the owners trying to get answered back. Sometimes we don't hear back and lose that certain Bullitt from the Registry as they read their number incorrectly.

So everyone that reads this and hasn't sent Wonbullitt0647 their information, please do so. It will help greatly with the data base. :)

Thanks,
Vicki

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
good stuff

so I am a tad confused

that was the outcome exactly?

767 was misrepresented by accident by the new owner? and you found he actualy had 737? or ?

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
I for one think Dennis, Vicki and PY are doing a great job, and my many thanks.

I personally was effected by some young confused guy trying selling my Bulllitt (1007)..... With Dennis's help and other members of this board we got it straightened out, he had the wrong number listed....

I bet the early Shelby guys wished some one had done this back in 1966.....

I was also going to say that some day this information would be valuable to owners of Bulllitts, but Dennis has proven that data base already is important.

We Bulllitt owners are very lucky to have the data base...... It will do nothing but protect the cars and their owners from fakes and shady people....

Dennis and Vicki are doing such a great job I vote they also take care of the 09 Bulllitts too....

·
Registered
80 Posts
I believe he said a previous owner of 737 has 767 now.

I have 737. There have been at least two other owners that I know of. Both in Texas.

Lammy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts