Mustang Bullitt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I recently purchased a 2008 HG Bullitt with about 10k miles on the odometer. While this vehicle has had several owners, it is obvious by the low mileage that it wasn’t used very much and it was well taken care of. After the vehicle was arrived I was going thru the owners manual and found a receipt for $3,449 from the dealership where the first/original owner had a “complete Steeda suspension system upgrade” before he took delivery of the car when it was brand new. Can anyone educate me as to why this first owner would upgrade the suspension? Please don’t get me wrong the profile of the car and how it sits is smokin hot!
Just curious as to the need for immediate upgrade.
Thanks for your time!
Steve R
Somerset, Massachusetts

·
Administrator
6,243 Posts
Hello, I recently purchased a 2008 HG Bullitt with about 10k miles on the odometer. While this vehicle has had several owners, it is obvious by the low mileage that it wasn’t used very much and it was well taken care of. After the vehicle was arrived I was going thru the owners manual and found a receipt for $3,449 from the dealership where the first/original owner had a “complete Steeda suspension system upgrade” before he took delivery of the car when it was brand new. Can anyone educate me as to why this first owner would upgrade the suspension? Please don’t get me wrong the profile of the car and how it sits is smokin hot!
Just curious as to the need for immediate upgrade.
Thanks for your time!
Steve R
Somerset, Massachusetts
One might suppose the previous owner felt there was a handling improvement in line with that person's taste in terms of ride height and body roll. The standard suspension is differentiated from the GT handling of that time by different springs and revalved struts and shocks. It is dialed up a few notches, but perhaps the previous owner wanted to turn the dial to "11" :)

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Perhaps because STEEDA is simply the best in aftermarket support for the Mustang. I pretty much ONLY buy STEEDA stuff for my car's upgrades & have never been disappointed w/the quality or performance of any of it. You'll note I could be slightly biased but I've used STEEDA in pretty much all my past & current Stangs.
Lee

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
OP;Drive a '08-'09 Bullitt w/ stock suspension & then yours...trust me, it was $$$ well spent. Congrats & enjoy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts