Mustang Bullitt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam wanting some feedback from you guys that have had your factory wheels widened. How wide can you go on the back, are you happy with the widened wheels or do you wish you had gone to aftermarket ones instead. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
901 Posts
The guys who I know we not real pleased with the condition the wheels came back in. They are handled pretty ruff & may need refinishing when you get them back. The Bullitt wheels are a little fragile without a protective lip & can be damaged just changing tires. Any time you lay them down it does not rest on the tire but on the rim. You can buy 10" wide 18" wheels for less then it cost to widen. It not like your trying keep a real high quality wheel because the Bullitt factory wheel is of low quality unlike the GT500 wheel or the other wheels.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for your response. there is another guy in California that widens wheels named Eric Vaughn. He has a machine that welds a new longer flange section to your wheel after it is cut. I haven't heard of anyone using him, but the pictures of his welds are machine perfect.My concerns are like you say--the condition that the wheels will come back in? I guess i will just wait around and make shure which way to go.Neither way is cheap.

·
Registered
901 Posts
The pic's are WeldCraft & that is who they had complaints about also the place in California was the one they where more satisfied with. (not that many places do this) I only know of 2.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Blindmelon said:
The guys who I know we not real pleased with the condition the wheels came back in. They are handled pretty ruff & may need refinishing when you get them back. The Bullitt wheels are a little fragile without a protective lip & can be damaged just changing tires. Any time you lay them down it does not rest on the tire but on the rim. You can buy 10" wide 18" wheels for less then it cost to widen. It not like your trying keep a real high quality wheel because the Bullitt factory wheel is of low quality unlike the GT500 wheel or the other wheels.
I would point out that the Stock Bullitt Wheels are quite fragile where the rim outer edge meets the tire. It is especially fragile & thin at the rim location and that is why I have a rim that broke off a chunk of metal at that location when I ran over the side of a concrete curb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts